Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 26, 2013, 3:35 AM   #1

Default Random photos from Canon 60D

I recently upgraded and bought a Canon 60D with 18-55 IS II lens and was amazed by the quality of the images when I compared with my previous camera.

I have attached a few random shots taken from this camera and would like to have your views and opinions.

Most of them were taken in Program Auto with Auto White Balance and default settings. JPEG images straight out of the camera, no editing or processing done.

Chains...

Just a model... not real!!

Cotton Candy...

Last edited by saketb; Mar 26, 2013 at 3:40 AM. Reason: additions
saketb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2013, 5:26 AM   #2

yes they look nice and crisp thanks for sharing
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 6:45 AM   #3

Please take a read of the guidelines for the critique section:
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/ph...e-posting.html
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 8:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave01 View Post
yes they look nice and crisp thanks for sharing
Thank you so much. I'm glad you liked them.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 8:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Please take a read of the guidelines for the critique section:
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/ph...e-posting.html
I'm really sorry, if I've not followed a particular guideline or set of rules before posting. It would be great if you could point me to the right direction, so that I will not repeat it again.

Thank you.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 8:50 AM   #6

As per the link, the general guideline is to post a single photo for critique. There are other forums on Steve's to share photos - either by genre or brand. The idea in this forum is to put a single photo up for critique. With so many photos and of different types, it's not really possible for members to provide useful critique. Hopefully that makes some sense.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 12:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
As per the link, the general guideline is to post a single photo for critique. There are other forums on Steve's to share photos - either by genre or brand. The idea in this forum is to put a single photo up for critique. With so many photos and of different types, it's not really possible for members to provide useful critique. Hopefully that makes some sense.
Got it, thanks.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 8:57 AM   #8

Yea, theres a lot there to critique.

Il try and give some feedback all the same.

1. A lot of them look like quick snaps of things. your eye may have saw something in the scene but it didnt really make it through to the camera, particularly for 1, 2 and 3.

2. the best is the candy floss one, its an interesting scene of someone doing something, but you cut their head off!

3. Overall they could do with a little post processing ( absolutely every photo needs some post processing. they look flat so need some contrast and vibrance to make them jump off the screen/paper. thats just good advice in general, but its quite obvious from those photos that they were just taken from the camera and uploaded.

Images are all pretty sharp which is great, just take some time to get used to your camera, concentrate on post processing and really try to think "what am i trying to capture" when you take a picture of something, to maximize the chance of other people being able to get something from the image.
schmintan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2013, 3:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmintan View Post
Yea, theres a lot there to critique.

Il try and give some feedback all the same.

1. A lot of them look like quick snaps of things. your eye may have saw something in the scene but it didnt really make it through to the camera, particularly for 1, 2 and 3.

2. the best is the candy floss one, its an interesting scene of someone doing something, but you cut their head off!

3. Overall they could do with a little post processing ( absolutely every photo needs some post processing. they look flat so need some contrast and vibrance to make them jump off the screen/paper. thats just good advice in general, but its quite obvious from those photos that they were just taken from the camera and uploaded.

Images are all pretty sharp which is great, just take some time to get used to your camera, concentrate on post processing and really try to think "what am i trying to capture" when you take a picture of something, to maximize the chance of other people being able to get something from the image.
I agree with these critiques but I'd say concentrate on composition first and foremost.

brad
DigMe is offline   Reply With Quote