Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:49 AM   #41

Here's another three versions
Attached Images

Last edited by musket; Aug 21, 2015 at 9:04 AM.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:13 AM   #42
conor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Dropbox works best. Google is limited to 25Mb.
I have my own domain and stuff running through Google, I can host about 15 gigs on my Google drive for free (per account, and I'm allocated 300 accounts I believe).

Quote:
Ok after seeing the NEF file I see there was lots of details that were blown in post processing. Its a really nice shot Conor.
Yep, the edit was an old one, I definitely went overboard. Thanks for the comment about the shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musket View Post
Here's another three versions
I think I like your earlier edits better, musket. I find the skin smoothing in these a touch much, though I do love the tone of here.

Last edited by conor; Aug 21, 2015 at 10:07 AM.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:27 AM   #43

Ya she is too waxy looking like right out of Madame Toussauds.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:00 AM   #44
conor

I should dig through the rest of this set sometime, I believe there are about 150 shots from this shoot... I only ever really payed attention to a handful of them.
Edit: There are 212, most are junk, she needed promo shots, which I really wasn't interested in doing, but she agreed to do a few poses that I had interest in, which made the shoot worthwhile for me. If anyone wants access to the album, I just realized that they're all still sitting on my Google drive (from when I delivered them to her in 2013)

Bynx, your last edit, I like, though I don't know why. There's something ... ?grungy? ... ?oil-painting-esque? ... about it, not exactly sure what adjective to use. Definitely not what I had in mind when I took the picture, but it is something I can appreciate now that it's done. Nice work!

Last edited by conor; Aug 21, 2015 at 10:11 AM.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:40 AM   #45

Well I'll add another two... No extra skin smoothing from the original ones as I used them as templates for these edits lol

Was this the catacombs or just Halloween lol
Attached Images

Last edited by musket; Aug 21, 2015 at 11:50 AM.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:07 PM   #46
conor

Strange as it is, I actually like the blue! lol

In all seriousness, I do love the colour of the second of the first three.

Last edited by conor; Aug 21, 2015 at 12:09 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:40 PM   #47

Conor, I lightened her eyes slightly, but the skin texture was there in all its glory. I softened some parts with denoise, but I didnt want to bleach her out. I didnt really intend it to look grungy, but Id prefer that over the washed out look. I should look at the file as if its for the first time and see what I would normally do instead of trying to match the preconceived concepts posted here already.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2015, 2:05 PM   #48
conor

Quote:
I should look at the file as if its for the first time and see what I would normally do instead of trying to match the preconceived concepts posted here already.
I have a really tough time doing that... I too often get stuck on an idea and keep working forward instead of taking a step back... perhaps that's why I appreciate how your edit is different from all the others, brings a fresh light to the shot!
Old Aug 21, 2015, 3:47 PM   #49

Conor;
I hope you don't mind my jumping in on this a bit late in the game. I took a look at the link you posted, and found that the visible picture is a .jpeg, but the download button does download the .nef file.
I think Bynx has been staying up late watching zombie movies in order to come up with that edit.
I did something far more conventional. Changed the WB of the original to tungsten and then used a slight yellow spotlight in post editing, as well as slightly sharpening her eyes. Slightly different crop. Left the b/g to go with the theme of 'bartender'.
(oh, I did remove a blemish on her right cheek, but otherwise left the skin tone and texture natural)

brian
Attached Images

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2015, 5:27 PM   #50
conor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTphotog View Post
Conor;
I hope you don't mind my jumping in on this a bit late in the game. I took a look at the link you posted, and found that the visible picture is a .jpeg, but the download button does download the .nef file.
I think Bynx has been staying up late watching zombie movies in order to come up with that edit.
I did something far more conventional. Changed the WB of the original to tungsten and then used a slight yellow spotlight in post editing, as well as slightly sharpening her eyes. Slightly different crop. Left the b/g to go with the theme of 'bartender'.
(oh, I did remove a blemish on her right cheek, but otherwise left the skin tone and texture natural)

brian
Brian, I don't mind at all, edit away. Thanks for taking the time to do an edit. I love seeing other people's takes on photos, always opens my mind, helps me think differently next time!