Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 6, 2015, 5:22 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
mistwalker1006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mississauga< Ontario Canada
Posts: 119
Default Trip to the playground

Took my girl to the playground and have fun chasing her with camera to snap some photos, I did some editing on the first one, mostly crop, and second one is unedited, tell me what you think,
Attached Images
  
mistwalker1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2015, 5:52 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
mistwalker1006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mississauga< Ontario Canada
Posts: 119
Default

and there is one more after playing with the effects
Attached Images
 
mistwalker1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:02 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 507
Default

In the OP, I like #2
Attached Images
 
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:37 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Wingman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG
Posts: 4,327
Default

Nice compositions. The images look like they could use a boost of contrast--they seem a bit washed out and perhaps a tad over exposed. Could also use some sharpening. I see that sdromel has done a nice edit with some added contrast.

Here's a quick edit that I made:
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:06 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
mistwalker1006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mississauga< Ontario Canada
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
Nice compositions. The images look like they could use a boost of contrast--they seem a bit washed out and perhaps a tad over exposed. Could also use some sharpening. I see that sdromel has done a nice edit with some added contrast.

Here's a quick edit that I made:
Thank you, you are right it looks much better, I will play with the original to achieve something similar
mistwalker1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:41 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

Good edit by Wingman

Another edit holding on to the warm sunshine of the original

musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2015, 5:39 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 507
Default

Mess'n around with layers.
Attached Images
 
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:13 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
bernabeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 990
Default

clone away 'head spike'
auto levels
slight sharpen using 'auto slider'
crop

total 2 minutes
Attached Images
 
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2015, 11:59 PM   #9
conor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistwalker1006 View Post
and there is one more after playing with the effects
This black/white edit is awesome.
Have you considered taking the same approach, but leave her in colour in the black/white scene? The edit would take some time, to move her to a second layer, but I think the shot would punch even more!

If I wasn't currently sitting on 400 shots waiting for post-processing from this weekend, I'd take a stab at the edit.
If you want to try it yourself, I can write you up a little how-conor-does-that-edit
  Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:41 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
mistwalker1006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mississauga< Ontario Canada
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor View Post
This black/white edit is awesome.
Have you considered taking the same approach, but leave her in colour in the black/white scene? The edit would take some time, to move her to a second layer, but I think the shot would punch even more!

If I wasn't currently sitting on 400 shots waiting for post-processing from this weekend, I'd take a stab at the edit.
If you want to try it yourself, I can write you up a little how-conor-does-that-edit
Thank you, I would like that, while I am better at composing my shots post processing still eludes me and any tip would be appreciated
mistwalker1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:33 AM.