Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:41 PM   #21
conor

Hey, Billy, looks like I actually caused a thread...

I did my selfie with a gun, I had an idea, I shot it, I tossed it to the community for opinions. I covered "my best Jack Bauer". So, since this thread took off a bit (at least, compared to how other "Post Your..." threads have gone), this is my challenge...

Billy: I want you to respond with a self portrait, in the same theme
musket: You have something that doubles as a firearm, I want your selfie, I know you have an interesting take.

So, it's 420, and this introvert is baked out of his face and only has this to say:

I joined this forum in 2007. There were members who had something to offer, a suggestion was always welcome, the attitude was about "seeing someone's next shot". This forum has turned into a pretentious display of self advertisement. I'm out. "E-Suicide" in my own thread.

*waves*

Last edited by conor; Apr 21, 2016 at 9:06 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:28 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by musket View Post
Haha We're only allowed BB guns in this country

Still a cool looking BB gun
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:30 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor View Post
If I could carry, I'd be carrying something like an FN in .7x28mm.
I'm a big fan of the light, super-high-velocity rounds...
Range and accuracy over raw stopping power...
The same school of thought that has seen military rifle rounds decrease in size over the last 50...

All that said, your Springfield is (was?) a beautiful pistol. Very nice indeed. I'm most definitely jealous =)

Edit: Since we can't carry (in Canada), at ALL (unless you're armed as part of your employment), any time I fire a pistol, it's a licensed range (the only place I can legally fire one). At this point, once you're into full sized pistols, cost of ammunition is a major motivator for most shooters. Why shoot .45ACP or .40S&W into paper targets when 9mm makes approximately the same hole, for half the price. =)
That makes sense, and it's too bad you can't carry.

I appreciate the comments on the Springer. She's my first 1911, and I never plan to get rid of her. Save passing her down to my son once I'm late in life. I'd like to send her off for some custom work at some point. Remove the front slide serrations, dico cut, trigger upgrade, new sights, and maybe a bead blasted finish. All stuff I can't afford right now, LOL.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:31 AM   #24

Quote:
Have to ask, what's that "casing", marked with NRA, that's holding up the pistol? It looks like a tie clip of some kind... and also looks like a .284 Winchester casing... or a boresighter...

So, what *is* it?
I'd have to find it (I still have it), but it's either a .308 or .30-06 casing pen. I got that when I first joined the NRA. It's a cool pen, made from actual brass casings.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:33 AM   #25

Quote:
Hey, Billy, looks like I actually caused a thread...

I did my selfie with a gun, I had an idea, I shot it, I tossed it to the community for opinions. I covered "my best Jack Bauer". So, since this thread took off a bit (at least, compared to how other "Post Your..." threads have gone), this is my challenge...

Billy: I want you to respond with a self portrait, in the same theme
musket: You have something that doubles as a firearm, I want your selfie, I know you have an interesting take.

So, it's 420, and this introvert is baked out of his face and only has this to say:

I joined this forum in 2007. There were members who had something to offer, a suggestion was always welcome, the attitude was about "seeing someone's next shot". This forum has turned into a pretentious display of self advertisement. I'm out. "E-Suicide" in my own thread.

*waves*
I hope you're not really "out", as that'd be a shame.

As to your challenge. I'll see what I can do. I'm not near the photographer you are.

Cheers,
Old Apr 21, 2016, 12:49 PM   #26

Thanks billy, even BB-guns hereabouts must have that blue colour so they wont be

mistaken for the real thing.

@ conor I have never done selfies for the web, prefer my anonymity as regards the

Internet. I also prefer to behind the camera not in front of it lol

and I have never tried atmospheric shots or shots brandishing a weapon, something

different to think about though. I would have find somewhere dark outside and risk

being arrested or shot by patrolling police Hahaha
musket is offline   Reply With Quote