Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:36 PM   #11
csd

My personal opinion - I don't think there is anything wrong with swapping out the sky but to me, in this case, it immediately looks too unrealistic. The sun is very low and yet you have plenty of what-looks-like sunlight hitting the front of the butte while the sun is behind it - in addition to all the foreground. To me - it immediately looks like you have two pictures - one behind the other. Maybe if you chose a different cloudy/interesting sky to replace the pure-blue sky where the sun wasn't so low it would look better to me.
csd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:29 AM   #12

There is no mention of messing with other people's images until you brought it up. The internet is full of arrogant and rude people. If you dont want anyone messing with your images then the solution is simple. Dont post them JR1.

Last edited by Bynx; Jan 10, 2018 at 6:05 AM.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulV.Mitchell View Post
I was referring to images created by all photographers, not just my own.
Spokesperson for all photographers. WOW. But my statement still stands.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:49 AM   #14

It’s funny that you should mention “speaking for other photographers” in your reply.
I just went to another social media photographic page of which I’m a member and I asked the question...

”Would you be happy if someone downloaded your photo, manipulated in photoshop (sometimes very amateurishly and poorly) and then re-posted on a public forum without your permission?”

I waited about 2hours and received 78 replies, all of which were NO!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:38 AM   #15

Now you keep twisting things and adding things. Would I like a photo of mine to be monkeyed with "amateurishly and poorly", and re-posted to "a" public forum without my permission...of course not. And I can see no reason why someone would do that. If, however, someone took a photo of mine posted here and posted it here after attempting to "improve" it, if it looked bad, I might not like it. But they tried and I can give them that. And I would have the opportunity to discuss it with them about what they did to it. But its like I said whether you like it or not, anything posted on the internet is open to anything by anyone. Just like your name you are using here. You could have found that anywhere and are using it for some strange reason.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:27 PM   #16
Banned

It's totally up to choice. Some would like to have photograph while other would like to have photoshop. So one is always free to choose as per his/her choice.
Maitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:57 PM   #17

"Really, the level of vanity that exists on some forums is sometimes astonishing."

I see you're new here at Steve's. For the most part, we're a bunch of civil folks who share a common interest. I'm sorry you don't seem to be able to play well with others. I'm beginning to wonder if you aren't JR1 reincarnated. You and he are both Brits, very mouthy, and don't mind stirring up shit. Feel free to move on to another forum if this one bothers you so much.

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:39 AM   #18

Ya his new time with us here didnt take long for the old J. Rundle to come out and be himself. I guess I should feel flattered he is wasting his time stalking me.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 5:48 AM   #19

A quick pic, unedited and edited, of the rolling hills near Yorkshire.
Attached Images