Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:50 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb View Post
Bynx -

I reciprocate your good wishes. I hope that you too soon experience a broadening breakthrough.
You are an ignorant pup. No one on this forum shoots with as much variety as I do. As Walter said you seem to just want to provoke rather than heed the comments that truly did come from the heart and not just to put your work down. You arent always going to have someone to clean up your mess as has happened so far and you wont be getting any further advice from me. The only thing that has come out of this is that it shows me that there are still people out there responding to posts.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:05 PM   #12

BBbuilder467 -

Your dislike of power lines - and your courteous explanation of why you dislike them - is much appreciated. I don't like them either. It may be a matter of degree, but I think Wind turbines are, if anything, even worse.

In the matter of composition I think there is a great deal to be learned from traditional Japanese woodblocks, especially in their widespread application of the principle of asymmetrical balance.
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:49 PM   #13

Bynx et al. - you seem to believe that the standard requested by the operators of this site - viz -
"This is NOT the the place to rip someone to pieces."

leaves you free to sneer and be insulting.

Last edited by Herb; Dec 13, 2017 at 12:50 PM. Reason: typo
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:28 PM   #14

This is (supposed to be) a time of peace, love and understanding among people of good will. Let's all try to follow the guidelines and appreciate each others' differences.

I tend to look at photography as a way of sharing what we see with others, and possibly providing a different way of looking at things which we see everyday. Power lines and poles are ubiquitous in our modern society - part of the landscape, as it were. Sometimes, they can be used, as in the case of my photo here, to give a better sense of perspective to a view.
Attached Images

VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2017, 1:51 PM   #15

VTphotog -

Yes, indeed.

Incidentally, I've been trying - without success - to divine what is the function of the poles and wires in the picture. Are they power lines or are they part of some sort of chair lift?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 4:40 PM   #16

High voltage DC power line from Hydro Quebec. Interestingly, a coalition of New Hampshire residents, just next door to us, is fighting against a similar project to go through their State, afraid that it will be detrimental to the tourist industry there.
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote