Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:41 AM   #11

Looks like a well done night shot. After you think about it, you wonder if that place really looks like that. It does for those people in the frame at least.
BrandonParsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:25 PM   #12

Phil,

First of all, I think this a a great photo. I love the colors and the positioning of the tower and bridge and fishermen.

My question. Would this improve or detract from the photo if the bottom of the photo was not half land (on the right) and half water (on the left)? By pulling back, and getting more land on the left side, I think that you'd have gotten more reflection of the tower in the water. Obviously, that would make the building smaller.

What do you think?

Faithfully yours,
FP
FaithfulPastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2018, 4:25 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithfulPastor View Post
Phil,

First of all, I think this a a great photo. I love the colors and the positioning of the tower and bridge and fishermen.

My question. Would this improve or detract from the photo if the bottom of the photo was not half land (on the right) and half water (on the left)? By pulling back, and getting more land on the left side, I think that you'd have gotten more reflection of the tower in the water. Obviously, that would make the building smaller.

What do you think? Faithfully yours, FP
G'day FP
Thanks for your review ... and as you well know, there's 1001 both 'good & bad points' to the framing of an image.

For this one, I wanted the dark tree on the RHS to frame & balance the bright tower on the LHS, I saw the 'Z' shape flow across the frame and thought is was okay, but also & out of frame on the LHS was a lighting tower that I did not want to intrude on the serenity of the image

So like all such things, it's a series of compromises ending up with a result - and I'm pleased that you enjoy the result

Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote