Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Feb 23, 2005, 3:23 AM   #1

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to the forums here and thought I'd share the attached image. It was shot RAW with D100 and I used the new Corel RawShooters Essentials to convert.

Best regards,
Rodney

RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 23, 2005, 2:16 PM   #2

Very nice...welcome to Steve's, you will be in good company. That's a nice camera you have, and looks like you have the skills to use it. This site has it all! Best regards,

KennethD

Just noticed your other post...! My wife and I had a lengthy discussion about nudity with reference to a recent debate here on the forum. While we were pretty much all united in our defence of the post, my wife brought up the point that there were no male nudes, and so the debate, therefore, centered largely on the subject of nudity as it applied to the female body. This will even the score so to speak, and now we'll see if the same perspective applies to both sexes. Being the first (or one of the first) to comment, I must say I'll watch this with some interest! (any homophobics out there?) Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2005, 2:28 PM   #3

Thank you, Kenneth. Here is another of the same fella.

Rodney
Old Feb 23, 2005, 2:51 PM   #4

Sorry about the nude post. I was submitting the pics again because I noticed that they are less contrasty displayed here on the forum. Wonder why that is? Anyway, you must have checked it as I was editing.

Rodney
Old Feb 23, 2005, 3:00 PM   #5

It's something that gets noticed from time to time. My apology. I was yakking on the phone at the same time as I was viewing this, and got my wires crossed in the process. It's a pleasant side effect of retirement.:G I am really keeping a sharp eye on the forum these days, to catch any mention of who's using what camera. Especially when the work is remarkable. I want to upgrade and with the new show just over it's going to be even more difficult to make a decision, with a host of (potential) new cameras...hopefully...about to be announced. I am always glad to see the camera mentioned, and the type of file, posted. Best regards,

KennethD
Old Feb 23, 2005, 3:07 PM   #6

What camera are you using now and what do you use it for the most?
Old Feb 23, 2005, 5:03 PM   #7

I am using a Minolta 7i. Ido like it, 5 MP, 7X optical, manual zoom, variable manual shutter, and iso, and manual focus. Lots of optional settings to play with. I have photographed buildings, landscapes, wildlife, bugs, flowers, fish, trees, clouds, cars, boats, planes, trains, family, friends,and pets,in short...everything on the planet that I've come across. My wife has told me more than once that the last picture on my flash card will be the inside of my colon, she gets that anoyed sometimes because I take it nearly everywhere. (She's the first one hollering to see the pics, naturally) Recently I have switched to portrait, or more specifically, female portraits. I was very fortunate to have meshed interests with a young art student, my friend's daughter, and she and I do a shoot every couple months. It's a hobby that I enjoy immensely. When I started shooting portrait type shots, I found a whole new perspective regarding photography. For some reason I think it has really broadened my ability with the camera, and surely made me aware of it's good points and downside. I do believe after twenty thousand plus shots, I am begining to wear it out. That's the long version of the answer to "what camera do you use?" So, finally after months of thorough research, I've decided that no matter what this great camera show produces, in the way of state of the art tech, or even if nothing new emerges, after it's all over, I will finally make my choice for a replacement , and hide the 7i so my wife :Pcan't get that last picture. Best regards,

KennethD
Old Feb 24, 2005, 10:57 AM   #8

Kenneth,

You have a good plan! ;-)

I have a Fuji s602 that I shoot portraits with alot and the prints are just as awesome as with my DSLR. Your current camera will serve you well until you are ready to make that new purchase.

Best regards,
Rodney
Old Feb 24, 2005, 7:41 PM   #9

love that second shot.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 12:58 AM   #10

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
love that second shot.
Thank you! I've always favored the second shot too.

Rodney