Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 4, 2005, 11:48 AM   #11

I see no image in the first post. :?maybe it really is time for the bi-centennial hair cut.

Peter.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2005, 12:39 PM   #12

PeterP wrote:
Quote:
I see no image in the first post. :?maybe it really is time for the bi-centennial hair cut.

Peter.

Word, P. Was it edited out?
ccfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2005, 12:42 PM   #13

looks like Mr RodneyBlairdoesnt like the comments ???????
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2005, 3:15 PM   #14

Pierre wrote:
Quote:
looks like Mr RodneyBlair doesnt like the comments ???????
I don't share images to hear how great they look. Of course, if you think they look great and want to say so, I appreciate that too. I'd much prefer to hear suggestions on how I can improve it, however.

Rodney

RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2005, 10:00 PM   #15

I think it is a very nice portrait, the only things I question are, has the image been softened (neat image or something like that) a little more than needed, her skin appears a little too smooth. Also have you done any work on her teeth? They appear very light, maybe she has great teeth:-) Apart from that the shadow that makes the teeth appear dark on the left and bright at the very front could be why Im asking about the light colored teeth.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2005, 12:20 AM   #16

I like the photo and choice of the necklace, I know odd comment but I do like it. One thing thatmakes the picture seemodd is the amount her eyes are dilated compared to how much catch light there is in them.
Proxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2005, 9:58 AM   #17

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
I think it is a very nice portrait, the only things I question are, has the image been softened (neat image or something like that) a little more than needed, her skin appears a little too smooth. Also have you done any work on her teeth? They appear very light, maybe she has great teeth:-) Apart from that the shadow that makes the teeth appear dark on the left and bright at the very front could be why Im asking about the light colored teeth.
This was shot at a higher ISO so I did run a little noise reduction on it. She has flawless skin and with properly applied make-up looks even more flawless. The noise reduction has little affect on her skin other than removed the slight noise from the high ISO.

Rodney
Old Mar 5, 2005, 10:00 AM   #18

Proxes wrote:
Quote:
I like the photo and choice of the necklace, I know odd comment but I do like it. One thing that makes the picture seem odd is the amount her eyes are dilated compared to how much catch light there is in them.
We actually didn't have much light to work with and I was shooting at a high ISO. Dim light explains the size of the pupils. I edited the catchlights a tad because I want it to appear the light is in fact coming from a large window. Now you have me rethinking that decision. :?:

Rodney
Old Mar 12, 2005, 12:37 AM   #19

I agree that the shadows and highlights tend to overemphasize the chin, and give a somewhat 'dented' look to the right side of her face. One other thing that bothers me is the hair, whch lacks detail, even for a .JPG. It appears that the noise reduction was a little too aggressive.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I don't do much people photography, but do enjoy seeing good portrait work. Most of your posts are spot on as far as I can tell, with very good lighting and composition.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote