Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 5, 2005, 1:24 PM   #21

your pic did not come up. I will get back to this tommorow 3.30am so off to bed, Thanks for the help.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2005, 1:33 PM   #22
-jb

Very nice photographs, Lady.

Judging on your comments about the time your son alotted to you, I think they are great pictures. A few years from now he will be glad you took them too...

I like the third photograph the best. It's a "standard pose in front of the trees for your Mom" photo, but that's what I like about it. Very nice.

-jb

-jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2005, 2:33 PM   #23

Night night then. I'll carry on anyway and when you get the chance to have a go let me know how you got on.

Step 5 Delete the Background Layer, It's not needed anymore.

Step 6 Then drag the top Layer (Color Fill 1) in the Layers Palette down to the bottom of the stack. Click once on Layer 1 to make it the active Layer. The screen should now look like this.

If it does, great.

Step 7 Click on Edit, then click Transform, then click on Distort. Then drag the corner of your canvas to reveal some grey and enable you to see the bounding box of the Distort function.

Step 7 Nowclick and dragthe top right hand corner of the bounding box inward, position it wherever you like. Then do the same to the bottom right corner.

Notice his ear in this shot. Positioning the corners this way has left his ear showing from the middle Layer, Layer 1. If you like the shape of the picture then you could clone the extra ear out. Or reposition the corners slightly to minimize any of this.

The direction that the selection of your image is facing towardshould decide which corners are adjusted, you want to try to create the illusion the subject is leaping (or strolling in this case) off the page. Admittedly in this effort it looks more like I have just added a background to an extracted image of Ross, but youunderstand what is meant hopefully.

Give it a try, talk to you tomorrow,

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 2:30 AM   #24

Ive not had much chance to practice this, the main problem I had was dragging the layers down and I was not sure which layer to distort. I will get back to giving it a go as soon as i have some time. I will follow your directions as you have posted them. Thanks for the help.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 3:06 AM   #25

As per my instructions you just need to discard, (drag to the trash bin) the original background Layer, just so it is out of the way.Then the onlyrearrangingneeded is to drag the Color Fill 1 Layer to the bottom. Highlight the middle Layer, (Layer 1), this is the Layer to distort. As it is sandwiched between the other two Layers, as you distort it, it will reveal the color fill layer underneath it and hide someitself behind Layer 2 (the selection you made). When you have the time, post an example. Don't worry, I know how easy it is to miss a step, when I first tried this I kept forgetting to highlight the correct Layer before distorting.:?

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 7:52 AM   #26

I get to stage 7 but layer 1 is always locked and nothing about transform comes up in edit. So I cant do anything with that layer:roll:
Old Mar 8, 2005, 8:15 AM   #27

ok, I sorted that problem and finally got it. Heres a pretty quick go, thanks for teaching me.

Old Mar 8, 2005, 10:21 AM   #28
AMG

I liked you images the way they are, but if I were to take some time, I`d maybe do this, I find the green could use a little shifting which helps bring out the subject more, and I also remember seeing wedding photos a bit soft, not blurred, but soft and sometimes they use a film that responds a little less to contrast
Attached Images

AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 10:37 AM   #29
AMG

my preference for sepia
Attached Images

Old Mar 8, 2005, 10:37 AM   #30
AMG

for b & w
Attached Images