Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 20, 2005, 7:40 AM   #1

After many shots, this was the best I could get. This one had the least amount of reflexions.

I used a light tent with two bulbs. Any suggestions?

Rodney,

Don't pull any punches....I can take it:-)

KeithT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 20, 2005, 9:57 AM   #2

What was the light placement? Looking at the image you are getting both hard shadows and specular highlights. Which should not be in a light tent. From the direction of the shadows it looks like a very low light source coming in from the front. Maybe the on-camera flash is going off? That would cause both those shadows and the specular highlights. From the shadows it looks like the bottle is a bit too close to the backdrop as well, not too important as once the shadows are gone you would never be able to tell that.

Peter.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 10:53 AM   #3

Peter,

What do you mean specular highlights?

The bottle is laying down, it's flattened so I can't have it further from the background...at least I haven'tfigured outa way yet. Had the lights positioned higher but there were too many reflexions. Some of those strange highlights are from the irregularities in the glass from melting the bottle. No flash was used.
KeithT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 1:01 PM   #4

Here is a quickie description and methods for controlling specular highlights. http://www.studiolighting.net/contro...ar-highlights/

OK, lying down with the subject right on the background is a tough way to shoot, I had thought the bottle was standing in a light tent and you were shooting straight on as in these tents http://www.bogenimaging.us/product/t...mp;itemid=2170from bogen.

Peter.

PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote