Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 22, 2005, 4:58 PM   #21

Stevekin wrote:
Quote:
Well, my thanks to ALL members for your ideas. As I said, I am still learning and find the advice hereinvaluable, from all quarters.

Regards,

Stevekin.
You have a good eye for a shot, Stevekin. You may be just learning, but judging from this one, you've given the viewer a capture reflecting the personality interaction of this small group, and it does speak volumes. It's the most coveted of all aspects of photography, to connect the subject to the viewer. (IMHO) No amount of cropping, contrast adjustment etc., can achieve that, it has to be there in the photofrom scratch. That's what you've got here. It's what we want the most in a photo. Thanks, Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2005, 4:02 AM   #22

Thank you Kenneth, although still learning and grateful for feedback, I am rather pleased with this shot. Not posed, Aaron was going through a 'kiss everybody and everything' phase, and now, some six months later, my Grandson George is starting with the same phase.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2005, 12:16 PM   #23

Kenneth, here is an example of what I mean.

Old Mar 23, 2005, 12:26 PM   #24

Cute shot Steve, looks a bit like a fish in a bowl:lol:

TG
Trout Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2005, 12:58 PM   #25

Thanks Derrall, we were playing 'peepo' behind a glass partition and I asked him to give me a kiss, he obviously obliged and stayed long enough for me to catch this.

Stevekin.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 1:01 PM   #26

First thing I did was laugh! How neat that u got this. See that's confirming my remark...you have a good eye. Who could look at this shot, out of focus, through an odd paine of glass... etc, and puzzle a way to improve it? What's familiar about it is that we've all seen similair things kids do, and while at the time it seems unremarkable, just another thing kids do....seeing it on my monitor really strikes a chord. Couldn't illustrate kid's unpredictable behavior any better than this! Thanks, best regards,

KennethD

I'd submit it for potd, it's unusual, and unique...IMHO
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2005, 3:55 PM   #27

Thanks again Kenneth, this was just a grabbed chance with no planning at all, playing a game, take the shot, not knowing if he would stay long enough to get it.

I kinda like it, but then I am the proud Grandfather !!

Stevekin.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 3:56 PM   #28

i think its lovely!
lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2005, 4:07 PM   #29

Stevekin - I am a novice myself so have no technical comments to offer. I am gradually learning, but for now I just had to post though and say it's a fabulous photo, cropped, uncropped or upside down. I am the second youngest of 7 kids.By then, either the novelty of photos had worn off or my parents were just plain tired, who knows! LOL. The point is I have very few photos from my childhood, much less ones as special as this. All three of them will cherish this when they grow up.
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 3:16 AM   #30

Lola and Suze, thank you both for your nice comments.

Suze, I know what you mean. There aren't many photos of me or my siblings when we were little, in fact we don't have too many of my own kids when they were little. When I say not many, I mean just the average amount that any non enthusiast film camera user might have.

But with my Grandson, George and digital,it's a completely different kettle of fish. He is now 17 months old and I must have taken approx 3,000 photos of him already !! I have only printed about 350 of them though :roll:. As well as duplicating that amount for his mum and dad and some for other members of the family, so probably best part of 1,000 in total.

I do wish digital was around then as it is now.

Stevekin.