Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 23, 2005, 5:30 AM   #1

Thanks for all your comments and yes, they are my holiday shots ,but I dont know about editing yet so they are in the raw! Hopefully through this forum I can begin to learn.
Attached Images

lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2005, 2:10 AM   #2

Hi Lola!

Very nice portrait of the cutie girls! It would have been much better iftheir heads had not been cut a wee bit.

They should be twins.

Rgds,

Quan
Quan Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 3:15 AM   #3

You have a nice portrait of adorable sisters. I'll touch on a couple elements that jump out at me.

When shooting two people as you have here, you'll have a more effective image if you keep their heads closer together than what you have here. It is easier to work with one center of interest. To make these two little girls one center of interest, you either need to have their heads closer together (touching or almost touching) or have a much wider view.

Having a hand up front nearest the lens or near the face is generally difficult to work with so it is much easier to avoid it. In this image, the hand is a distraction.

The white balance is off and I've corrected it slightly exaggerated for demonstrative purposes.

Thank you for sharing.

Rodney
Attached Images

RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 3:53 PM   #4

Thanks Rodney and Quan and stevikins, for before. I wonder how you ajusted the white balance and mybe I need it for all my photos. In other words I should adjust the setting. I have seen it on my camera but like so much of it......i.ts a mystery to its purpose or meaning. I think from your example I understand now its function. Thanks again Lola
Old Mar 24, 2005, 4:16 PM   #5

Using the camera's AUTO White Balance is very unpredictable, but will work well enough when you do not have time to make changes in the settings. I'm sure your camera has a few presets such as Sunny, Cloudy, Shade and a few for different indoor lighting types. On my camera, I find that Cloudy works well for most outdoor shooting that I do, but your camera may be different. You can do some test shots to see if Cloudy setting will work for most of the conditions you are in. Otherwise, you should select the white balance setting that matches the lighting conditions.

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 4:58 PM   #6

I wish I will get back to you on that one when I have plowed through the manuel again