Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 31, 2005, 3:28 PM   #1

I took this pic this morning and shot through the windshield of my car and got these few drops in the pic. I only have Photoshop elements 2.0 and have played with the cloning tool and haven't had a bunch of success. I've gotten it better but it was obvious that it had been done. Any advice or pointers here would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks a whole lot in advance...

Grady

GHayes396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2005, 4:05 PM   #2

Hi Grady. Don't have Elements 2 but just a quick edit in PSCS using only the Clone Stamp Tool. A couple of things to try. To help the corrections blend, reduce the hardness of the brush to zero, this will not leave the obvious hard edges. Also, reduce the opacity of the stroke to50-80% ( play with this), this way you can add a little bit at a time and build up the repair.

If the area you are repairing is darker than the area you are sampling from, you could set the mode from Normal to Lighten. This will only change pixels that are darker than the sample. The reverse is true when in Darken mode.

You might also consider a plugin for PSE2 called the Mend Tool. It gives the same results as the Healing brush Tool. Have a look here, http://hiddenelements.com.thebookdoc.com/Mend/

Hope this helps.

Stevekin.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 8:34 AM   #3

Thanks for the help. I've played with it a little and it's working. I didn't have much time but I got it close to what I can live with using your advice. Also thanks for the link....I'll probably be ordering that soon enough. I wish I had the money to buy Photoshop and really learn that but every thing in due time. Anyway....Just wanted to say thanks a lot.

Grady
GHayes396 is offline   Reply With Quote