Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 7, 2005, 1:45 PM   #1

Any changes been made that is. A little change in directionfor a change if I may.

Not, do I, or should I make changes. I don't mind criticism at all, it's just a quick shot with practically every element wrong and would take up too much bandwidth :-). What I would like is for you to tell me what has been changed, what is the obvious and maybe not so ? Now I think of what i've just asked, then yes, a critique. :?

Thanks.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2005, 2:51 PM   #2

Ok, I'll bite. The apple. If I could reach it. Looks like a very nicely done insert there, shadow and everything! But that's my guess. Quite a stylish toss though. Gold medal for the extended pinkies, quite a future waiting for this one. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2005, 4:00 PM   #3

Thanks Kenneth. He does love to kick and throw things, mainly balls, thankfully.

I'd like to see what anyone else may have to say about any changes before I say what has or hasn't been done.

Regards,

Stevekin.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 4:11 PM   #4

you softened the room behind him a lot
post infinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2005, 4:33 PM   #5

Ahh but did I soften the room behind a lot or.................really, really, reallysharpened the foreground to make the room look soft ????
Old Apr 7, 2005, 7:38 PM   #6

OK, I'll bite (no pun intended)...it's not really George. It's his stunt double.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

TG
Trout Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2005, 3:25 AM   #7

post infinite wrote:
Quote:
you softened the room behind him a lot
You are right of course, not even pretending that was done by camera, just needed to disguise the untidiness behind him :-).

Derrall wrote:
Quote:
OK, I'll bite (no pun intended)...it's not really George. It's his stunt double.:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Afraid it is George. His stunt double was off that day, it was last New Years eve.:roll:

Obviously what I would like to know is, does the apple look real or not ?I meanit's a real apple, but does it look like itwas in the shot or added ?

Stevekin.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 2:17 PM   #8

Blowing up the shot and looking at the edges of the shadow and the apple in the appropriate places...up and down...you can see a variation in the continuity...if ya gets me drift. Plus the "wall" where the apple provides the shadow is not the same focus as the rest of the wall. Unt zoh....Vee heff to say... it's either an alien ship looking like an apple, or sumpthin's up wit dat apple. (too many bugs bunny/three stooges afternoons as a kid) Best regards,

KennethD
Old Apr 8, 2005, 2:33 PM   #9

The lower part of the apple has what appear to be sharpening or jpeg artifacts, which do make it look out of place in the shot. Also, the softening you have done on the room in b/g carries over onto his clothing, which gives it away.

I took a shot at giving the apple a little motion blur, and made a minor WB change. ( a difference iin monitors maybe) Hope you don't mind the kibitzing.

brian
Attached Images

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2005, 2:43 PM   #10

a n d ...the young lads garments have that fuzzy look (similiar to a contrast mask) around the edges. Which leads me to think that might be the effects of cloning, or maybe some magic wand work. (We're on ta ya! ) Well, got to go and clean up the back yard before it rains. Let us know, there Stevekin...best regards,

KennethD