Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 7, 2005, 10:47 PM   #1

I had to do a lot of work to this, but the photoshop portion of photography is definitely not my strength. Any commonents/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
105sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2005, 6:27 AM   #2

I had a play with this, hope you don't mind. Photo-shop, curves, contrast, saturation, selected and inverted background then desaturated. I added some more color to the collar and her hat, and lengthenedher hair:-)shes a cute subject.

aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2005, 8:28 AM   #3

Thank you! I think what you did looks great. And I don't mind at all with you or anyone else taking liberties! Hope more people do. Thanks again!
Old Apr 8, 2005, 12:15 PM   #4

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
I had a play with this, hope you don't mind. Photo-shop, curves, contrast, saturation, selected and inverted background then desaturated. I added some more color to the collar and her hat, and lengthened her hair:-) shes a cute subject.
I always love to see your creations. You've managed to create some pink distractions in this one, however. ;-)

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2005, 12:20 PM   #5

105sunset wrote:
Quote:
I had to do a lot of work to this, but the photoshop portion of photography is definitely not my strength. Any commonents/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Subject is under exposed and overall lighting is flat. White balance is off a bit too.

It is ok to under expose for scenes such as this if your intent is to pull up the exposure in post. By doing so, you avoid blowing out the detail of the snow.

Here is a quick edit for demonstration purposes. It's nothing fancy...Just some corrections.

Rodney
Attached Images

RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2005, 3:03 PM   #6

Thanks Rodney, that's really waht I was trying to accomplish. I enjoy your work that is posted throughout this forum, and appreciate your comments.