Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 15, 2005, 9:27 PM   #11
Administrator

Stevekin:

At the risk of appearing to be totally indecisive... ifhad to choose, I may go towards the one without the backgroundflower (now that I've seen it that way). But, I may change my mind again in five minutes. :-)

In any event, we're "splitting hairs". This photois a "keeper" for sure -- with or without any other edits.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2005, 9:54 PM   #12

For what it's worth, my vote goes to the first 'unedited' shot...First reason,my attention wasn't drawn to the background flower UNTIL I had soaked in all the detail of the subject. Which was the intent anyway I feel. The second reason, why add a painstaking amount of PS work to only MILDLY improve what was already a good capture. Well done to me...

Dave...
DaveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2005, 10:32 PM   #13

DaveN wrote:
Quote:
For what it's worth, my vote goes to the first 'unedited' shot...First reason, my attention wasn't drawn to the background flower UNTIL I had soaked in all the detail of the subject. Which was the intent anyway I feel. The second reason, why add a painstaking amount of PS work to only MILDLY improve what was already a good capture. Well done to me...
Dave...
I removed many of the little hearts before shooting and edited out one at the bottom of the frame. I left the background flower to draw attention back to the bend in the stem to create an interesting visual path. It never occured to me that it may be a distraction, but since it was mentioned, I dunno. :-)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2005, 10:33 PM   #14

DaveN wrote:
Quote:
The second reason, why add a painstaking amount of PS work to only MILDLY improve what was already a good capture.

Were you looking over my shoulder when I painstakingly Photoshopped this ? :-)

Actually it was only five minutes or so with the Patch tool and a bit of cloning but I do get your point. A very good capture in the first instance, no suggestion it is better, or a worthwhile effort to change it. I was just trying tokick startJimC in to making his mind up........................ Didn't seem to work though :-).

Although personally, I do prefer it without.

Regards,

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2005, 10:38 PM   #15

Stevekin wrote:
Quote:
DaveN wrote:
Quote:
The second reason, why add a painstaking amount of PS work to only MILDLY improve what was already a good capture.

Were you looking over my shoulder when I painstakingly Photoshopped this ? :-)

Actually it was only five minutes or so with the Patch tool and a bit of cloning but I do get your point. A very good capture in the first instance, no suggestion it is better, or a worthwhile effort to change it. I was just trying to kick start JimC in to making his mind up........................ Didn't seem to work though :-).

Although personally, I do prefer it without.

Regards,

Stevekin.
Hello Stevekin,

I liked your edited version. Feel free to edit anything I post here on the forum. I'd prefer that people images be removed after a period of time though.

Thank you for sharing.

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2005, 10:46 PM   #16

Thanks Rodney. Will keep your reasonable request in mind for the future.

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote