Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 16, 2005, 12:09 PM   #1

What do I do to go from "oh those are nice" to "Wow You should do that for money?
I just got a 20d ,and love it. On these pictures i am using the basic 18-55mm.
thanks,
Attached Images

r00022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 16, 2005, 12:10 PM   #2

another
Attached Images

Old Apr 16, 2005, 12:10 PM   #3

ok im done
Attached Images

Old Apr 16, 2005, 3:52 PM   #4

That my frrriend, is a good question. Not being a professional photographer myself, and being interested in learning, I have found that we amatuers vastly outnumber the pros. From questions I've asked, and comments I've recieved here on the forum, my conclusion is that there are very few if any full time professionals on the forum. I hasten to say that this does not degrade their knowledge or experience in my eyes. It does point out that making a living entirely from photography isn't an easy row to hoe. I'm assuming you would like to do this as a sideline. What kind of pictures are you interested in exchanging for coin? Do you want to work contributing toa paper/magazine, or freelance? Papparrazi? The answer to that question would direct you to the next course of action, in your quest. There are likely many here who could help you if they knew more specifically what your goals were. Good luck, best regards,

KennethD

Just read your post again, and oops. Maybe you are just curious in how to be "as good as" a pro. If the above was off the mark, read this one, if not read that one.:lol:
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2005, 5:51 PM   #5

If you are asking how to become a better photographer, or how to turn into a professional photographer...this isn't the right forum. If you would like your images critiqued, it is.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 6:44 PM   #6

I'm not thinking of quiting my job ,but if i could get my technique down maybe, just maybe I could make a dollar or two on the side! I figure i don't need to be an all around "GREAT" photographer ,but if I could find a niche to make a few bucks in. That would be great!
Old Apr 16, 2005, 6:47 PM   #7

No! I just wondered of any small tricks to make my pictures look more professional!
Old Apr 17, 2005, 1:33 AM   #8

I sent you a private message in response...

Dave...
DaveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 1:43 PM   #9

Regarding the photos of the rose, the water droplets appear artificial as if created by a hand held mister or sprayer. I think I would tap the flowers a couple time to remove about half of the droplets. Then I think some contrast adjustment is needed to darken the shadows a little.

In the second photo, I would zoom into the bud more or use macro techniques to get in closer. Alternatively, you could crop in closer. I would eliminate the buds on either side. I don't think there is a practical way to eliminate the bud on top.

Here is a side-by-side comparison of your original (first photo) and one I edited. I made some constrast adjustments and increased the saturation.

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 2:27 PM   #10

Nice edit Calr, but you forgot to tap the flower first .
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote