Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 19, 2005, 1:27 AM   #11

Oh...man...! That looks positively frigid Vito! Makes me shiver just looking at it. I can almost hear winter screaming it's name at me when I look at this. Maybe because I have seen way too much ice and snow, I get twitchy when something pops up to remind me of it. But if I were to think of this as a scene from a dream, it could only be winter for me. It looks surreal for sure...best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 8:25 AM   #12

RodneyBlair wrote:
Quote:
I like all the edits. The given title doesn't seem to fit well for methough. Of course, everyone's idea of dreamy is different. When I think of dreamy, I think of something like the edit I've attached here. Vito, I think your original works very well for my idea of dreamy. :-)

Here is my version of dreamy

Attached Images

choeschen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 2:25 PM   #13

Good edit...I envision softer focus associated with dreams...that and a scene which, while showing some detail in the foreground, loses focus as the subject recedes. That is what makes this a good composition for that theme. You should sell this print to a psychiatrist, vito. I can see him handing this print to a patient and peering over his glasses...."tell me what you see here....":lol:Best regards,

KennethD
Old Apr 19, 2005, 4:16 PM   #14

KENNETHD wrote:
Quote:
Good edit...I envision softer focus associated with dreams...that and a scene which, while showing some detail in the foreground, loses focus as the subject recedes. That is what makes this a good composition for that theme. You should sell this print to a psychiatrist, vito. I can see him handing this print to a patient and peering over his glasses...."tell me what you see here....":lol: Best regards,

KennethD
Vito used dreamy to describe the location, not his mood. There is a huge difference.

I suspect the area being still, calm and noiseless is why. His creative efforts do not convey the story or message he desires.

The original is great, but needs a little creative work to tell the story.

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 6:16 PM   #15

lol, i said "dreamy" because the effect i put on the photo..gave it a dreamy look...

if i were to pick a location for "dreamy" it would be antelope canyons...yosemite...or the grand tetons..

maybe even the smokies..

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 6:36 PM   #16

choeschen wrote:
Quote:
RodneyBlair wrote:
Quote:
I like all the edits. The given title doesn't seem to fit well for me though. Of course, everyone's idea of dreamy is different. When I think of dreamy, I think of something like the edit I've attached here. Vito, I think your original works very well for my idea of dreamy. :-)

Here is my version of dreamy
Indeed, the effect you've given this image is a nice example of dreamy. I avoided this type of effect because I felt that Vito had provided us with very nice saturate colors that work well together. The foggy effect mutes the colors which was a strong point. I'm curious if you can give us this same effect while keeping the colors more saturated.

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 8:20 PM   #17

photosbyvito wrote:
Quote:
lol, i said "dreamy" because the effect i put on the photo..gave it a dreamy look...

if i were to pick a location for "dreamy" it would be antelope canyons...yosemite...or the grand tetons..

maybe even the smokies..

Vito
Ah, Yosemite...now I'd love to see your dream effect of that! And the effect you put on the photo got the message across, lots of cool edits as well. Perhaps the dream thing would make a good photo challenge. Best regards,

KennethD