Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 21, 2005, 4:33 PM   #1
Administrator

Attached Images

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 22, 2005, 5:25 PM   #2

Nice picture and all Jim, and I would love to offer my opinions. Unfortunately, as this is not the Critiques and Techniques forum, I feel I may be chastised by a mod if I say anything other than......................why is it here ?
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 6:05 PM   #3
Administrator

Stevekin. I must have been sleepy when I posted this one in the Editors Forum.;-)

I'lll move it.

I don't even remember where this one was exactly (but I found it in a group of photos I took in a hospital, so it must have been in a hallway, room, or lobby somewhere). I carry a little Konica KD-510z with me everywhere in a pocket, so I sometimes pull it out when I see something interesting.

Since flowers is a popular subject, I postedit (but I didn't mean to post it in the wrong forum). Perhaps the mistake happenedbecauseit could use some editing. :-)

Actually, I've got another version with a little more "pop", but I didn't like the wayit made the difference inexposure stand out (it mademiddle flower look too different compared tothe outside flowers the way I did it). It's noticeable in thisversion, too, though.

Old Apr 22, 2005, 6:45 PM   #4

JimC wrote:
Quote:

I'lll move it.

One of the advantages, eh Jim. If the rest of us make an a*se of ourselves, we're stuck with it :-).

Can't comment on colour due to colourblindness, but my first thought on this pic was that it looked a little toodark. Having had a go at it though, I couldn't really justify any change and consequently didn't feel it in order to post an edit. But I do know what I like and it's a nice capture of what somebody got on their sickbed.

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 7:07 PM   #5
Administrator

Stevekin wrote:
Quote:
JimC wrote:
Quote:

I'lll move it.
One of the advantages, eh Jim. If the rest of us make an a*se of ourselves, we're stuck with it :-).
Actually if you post something in the wrong forum, just let a moderator know about it and we can move the thread. Let me know if I post in the wrong forum again, too. :-)

We do that pretty often anyway (move threads). For example, someone may post a question about aDSLR in a forum that's setup fora manufacturer's non-DSLR models, or a question about non-DSLR model in one of the DSLR forums.

Old Apr 22, 2005, 7:10 PM   #6

Looks like you used flash. Lacks warmth and nice directional lighting. My recent Cedar post is an attempt at using flash for a natural look.

Composition and colors are nice.

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 7:15 PM   #7
Administrator

Rodney - Yes, I used the built in flash.

The biggest thing I don't like about this one is the difference in exposure (which is impacting color) between the center and the outside flowers (because I was relatively close to the flowers and using a flash).