Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 25, 2005, 1:01 AM   #1

This shot was taken just after sunset using fill flash and a large depth of field. All comments welcome.

Thomas.
Attached Images

ThomasATC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 25, 2005, 1:32 AM   #2

Hi Thomas,

Though you intended to use flash for fill, you've used it as the key light or main light instead. The setting sun provided what little fill you have here. This doesn't make this a bad image though. It is great, but lacks a natural lighting look.

I like the dark background, but at the same time, I think it would have been more interesting if a little more texture or detail were visible.

You've certainly presented a nice image. It will be interesting to see future efforts.

Thank you for sharing.

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2005, 10:40 AM   #3

RodneyBlair wrote:
Quote:
Hi Thomas,

Though you intended to use flash for fill, you've used it as the key light or main light instead. The setting sun provided what little fill you have here. This doesn't make this a bad image though. It is great, but lacks a natural lighting look.

I like the dark background, but at the same time, I think it would have been more interesting if a little more texture or detail were visible.

You've certainly presented a nice image. It will be interesting to see future efforts.

Thank you for sharing.

Rodney
Thanks Rodney!

My mistake on the fill flash statement. I need to monitor my typing closer. Especially later in the evening. :lol: I will attempt again later in the week and try for a more interesting background usingnatural light!

Thank you for responding.
Old Apr 29, 2005, 11:14 PM   #4

We know this flower by the name IRIS ( spanish name) I really don't know the name in english.
AMATHEU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 8:04 AM   #5

AMATHEU wrote:
Quote:
We know this flower by the name IRIS ( spanish name) I really don't know the name in english.
The English name for this flower is "Iris" Of course it's some kind of an Iris. That i
don't know. Very nice picture.

dale

thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 10:53 PM   #6

Thanks AMATHEU and THATSANICEPICTURE2. I have seen IRIS's before, but never knew the name for them. They are very nice to look at!

Thomas