Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old May 2, 2005, 11:52 AM   #11

Westcoaster,

Candid pictures are defined as "pictures that are unposed and often (but not necessarily) taken without the subjects knowledge"

Clearly, this photograph can be defined as a candid. Also, your comments about the subject are harsh,and unnecessary. Whether or not you find the subject attractive, has no bearing on the technique or execution of the photograph.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 12:31 PM   #12

rjseeney wrote:
Quote:
Westcoaster,

Candid pictures are defined as "pictures that are unposed and often (but not necessarily) taken without the subjects knowledge"

Clearly, this photograph can be defined as a candid. Also, your comments about the subject are harsh, unnecessary, and quite frankly rude. Whether or not you find the subject attractive, has no bearing on the technique or execution of the photograph.
Good overall marks for lighting, nicely contrasted. Candid works IMO and is suggested by the expression. (Unecessary and fruitless tobranch off into 3rd party lectures on the comments tho) best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 3:03 PM   #13

I shared this image because of the technique that I used. Not everyone wants to purchase the latest greatest camera or fancy flash or studio strobes. How many times do parents drag their children out in the sun to get a nice little candid shot before the Prom or want that nice little capture of little Jane in her new Easter dress? Many candid shots are planned but not well.

Yes, my son does look a bit rough in this one. He had been sick for a few days and the nose was terribly red...I did my best to correct it.

No one asked for the lighting/shade info so I didn't share the complete details.

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 3:19 PM   #14

I like this one, for the conditions it's a very good shot. Lots behind those eyes.
Proxes is offline   Reply With Quote