Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 30, 2005, 7:41 PM   #1

Best of several pics.Only did basic fine tuning in PS.

LMK what you think.

Charlie

Striderxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 30, 2005, 7:50 PM   #2

Here is a close up of it.How do I make the other pic show the rain drops like this one?Also the background looks noisey,and I see why - Iso 400 for some reason.

Thanks

Charlie

Old Apr 30, 2005, 8:39 PM   #3

I really like the first one Charlie.

A lower ISO would have been better as you said. What do you mean about showing the raindrops.. I see them on the first one too?
Old Apr 30, 2005, 8:41 PM   #4

Chris Kayler wrote:
Quote:
I really like the first one Charlie.

A lower ISO would have been better as you said. What do you mean about showing the raindrops.. I see them on the first one too?

I meant that I would like to see all of them but the color of the flower hides some,but I am pleased with the photo.I have some luck with this tulip but time to to move on as it is just about done with its life.

Thanks for the comments.I have to remember to checlk out all the settings when I shoot on M.

Charlie
Old May 1, 2005, 2:04 AM   #5

Hi Charlie,

The first one is executed nicely. I see what you mean about the droplets of water. You've lost some detail when sizing for the web.

Your image lacks clarity. There are dozens of methods to improve the overall clarity of an image. Here is an example where I've increased the contrast, adjusted the shadows, midtones and highlights. All images require some tweaking in post. I see nothing you did wrong while composing and shooting this image.

The more you work with your images in post, the easier it will become. Your eyes will become more trained, quickly recognizing where an image is lacking. Don't get discouraged!

Chris may not agree with my choice here, but I felt this image will have a little more impact if it is warmed up a tad so I increased the reds and yellows a tad.

Thank you for sharing. It is great to see someone take advice received here on the forum and reshoot.

Rodney
Attached Images

RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 10:30 AM   #6

Not at all Rodney, I don't disagree just for the sake of disagreeing :-). The repost is perfect.
Old May 1, 2005, 11:49 AM   #7

Chris Kayler wrote:
Quote:
Not at all Rodney, I don't disagree just for the sake of disagreeing :-). The repost is perfect.
I didn't say you did...Some people simply prefer cooler tones. I dunno why. :-)
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 4:59 PM   #8

I no expert but it looks like a very good close up on the tulip but then the larger photo shows off the water better. Then Rodney seems to really know his stuff in PS to bring out the water again in a smaller picture. I think that kind of treament would help a lot of my photos especially that were taken on cloudy days.
Thanks , Lonnie
Lonnie Honeycutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 5:44 PM   #9

Okay I went and tweaked one of my flowers in PS mostly with HSL and it really did help a lot. Then I wanted to show them side by side and I don't know how to do that in PS so I brought both pictures to my Roxio program and put them side by side and the redo looked awful. I guess that means that what program is used to view and alter the photos matters a lot.

Now I am wondering about where all my photos are because I am just using the viewer that came with Win XP.

Lonnie
Lonnie Honeycutt is offline   Reply With Quote