Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old May 2, 2005, 9:29 PM   #11

Now that we see more we want to see more.
Picture is great but what does that place really look like.

Thanks, Lonnie
Lonnie Honeycutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 9:46 PM   #12

Wonderful shot, would love to know your setup for it.
Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 10:08 PM   #13

Fantastic and no need to lighten it either.Love this one.Congrats.Also love the way the water is in this pic than the other.I think sometimes it all depends on the day you shoot the pic.

Charlie
Striderxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 4:32 AM   #14

Lonnie Honeycutt wrote:
Quote:

Thanks, Lonnie
My sentiments exactly Lonnie.

Rodney, at the risk of causing you embarrassment , this is a fine shot of a beautiful scene. I trust you didn't go back just to take the one shot, it would be real nice to see more of the waterfall and it's surrounding.

Stevekin.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 5:46 AM   #15

Thank you for the comments, everyone!

Stevekin wrote:
Quote:
Lonnie Honeycutt wrote:
Quote:

Thanks, Lonnie
My sentiments exactly Lonnie.

Rodney, at the risk of causing you embarrassment , this is a fine shot of a beautiful scene. I trust you didn't go back just to take the one shot, it would be real nice to see more of the waterfall and it's surrounding.

Stevekin.
Yes, I went back to take this one shot for posting on the forum. I have no desire to shoot flowers, landscapes or wildlife and never have until this forum was created. I imagine my images will always convey such a message.

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 8:34 AM   #16

Hi,

Again I also think this is better. Very good.

I actually agreed with the previous issue in that the large brown matt was distracting. As I know you were looking for technical reasons as to why this was so, I didnt want to contribute to that discussion as I really didnt know. Sometimes there are no reasons why, and it is justpersonal opinion. Anyway I like this presentation much better andmakes me morefocused more on the subject. Saying that, I noticed on a previous post of yours, Cherry Blossom, you had a large brown matt bordering that shot. In that case for me it worked really well (your best flower/macro shot). I liked the contrast, it complimented the picture very well and didnt distract from the subject.

all the best.
vindolanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 8:58 AM   #17

Ok, Im risking it now:-)I like the first post you did in the first styers mill thread, it was just more to my taste. yell me down guys but I also liked the frame from the original shot too. Just my unprofessional opinion.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 9:00 AM   #18

vindolanda wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

Again I also think this is better. Very good.

I actually agreed with the previous issue in that the large brown matt was distracting. As I know you were looking for technical reasons as to why this was so, I didnt want to contribute to that discussion as I really didnt know. Sometimes there are no reasons why, and it is just personal opinion. Anyway I like this presentation much better and makes me more focused more on the subject. Saying that, I noticed on a previous post of yours, Cherry Blossom, you had a large brown matt bordering that shot. In that case for me it worked really well (your best flower/macro shot). I liked the contrast, it complimented the picture very well and didnt distract from the subject.
all the best.
Thank you for the comments. Last evening, a woman come to my studio to pick up her grandson's senior portraits and I had the previous image matted, framed and on display. She loved it and purchased it for $250. She was so impressed with the mat and frame of the waterfall image and the one print I had framed for her grandson that she asked if I'd mat and frame some other pictures for her. :-) Anyway, it does look a bit different when the light falls on the face of the image rather than backlighting as we have with our monitors.

Rodney
Old May 3, 2005, 9:04 AM   #19

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
Ok, Im risking it now:-) I like the first post you did in the first styers mill thread, it was just more to my taste. yell me down guys but I also liked the frame from the original shot too. Just my unprofessional opinion.
What makes your opinion so unprofessional? You are a photographer and a consumer, so your opinion is very professional and quite valid.

BTW: I left the mat off this one because I wanted to post a much larger picture since the scene has lots of detail.

Rodney
Old May 3, 2005, 9:36 AM   #20

RodneyBlair wrote:
Quote:
What makes your opinion so unprofessional? You are a photographer and a consumer, so your opinion is very professional and quite valid.

Rodney

What I meant was that Im not a pro photographer so that makes my opinion as one by a non professional:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote