Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old May 7, 2005, 1:10 PM   #11

There may be vast differences in appeal affected by the light with this subject. Since the age and condition of this relic convey the fact it's been thru some gloom and doom, I favor the overcast lighting on this scene. You may want to review a shot in bright sunlight, but like a grave yard, the somber subject and colors seem to be appropriate. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 3:28 PM   #12

KENNETHD wrote:
Quote:
There may be vast differences in appeal affected by the light with this subject. Since the age and condition of this relic convey the fact it's been thru some gloom and doom, I favor the overcast lighting on this scene. You may want to review a shot in bright sunlight, but like a grave yard, the somber subject and colors seem to be appropriate. Best regards,

KennethD

Hi Kenneth,

That was exactly the type of message I was hopefully portraying in this image. There are so many things to think about before actually hitting that shutter button. I'm new at this game pretty much but I'm having a lot of fun learning. :-)

StitchBabe
StitchBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 4:02 PM   #13

I think something like this edit is a bit more exciting. I had to downsize it and compress heavily to meet the file size requirements here, but you can get the idea. The sharp textures of the supporting elements against the smoother truck cause it to stand out more. Oh, I didn't like the yellows and greens in the original so I went with a toned image.

Rodney
Attached Images

RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 6:04 PM   #14

I like the first post and none of the edits. The first tells me how rock solid this vehicle was in its day and as it sits, still is.It looks as if it would still be ready to go if other parts did not fail. Well that would be with anything for that matter but that is what I get from the orginal.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 12:37 AM   #15

RodneyBlair wrote:
Quote:
I think something like this edit is a bit more exciting. I had to downsize it and compress heavily to meet the file size requirements here, but you can get the idea. The sharp textures of the supporting elements against the smoother truck cause it to stand out more. Oh, I didn't like the yellows and greens in the original so I went with a toned image.

Rodney
:|

Now Rodney, I really like this one! It has a really cool 50's feel to it.....very attractive!!

Thank you!
StitchBabe

Old May 8, 2005, 12:44 AM   #16

Hards80 wrote:
Quote:
how 'bout this for a little added interest.. its quick n dirty, but you get the idea...

It's a nice start ....I wish I would have thought to change to B&W or sepia. It seems to fit!

Thank you Hards80! :-)

StitchBabe
Old May 8, 2005, 12:45 AM   #17

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
I like the first post and none of the edits. The first tells me how rock solid this vehicle was in its day and as it sits, still is.It looks as if it would still be ready to go if other parts did not fail. Well that would be with anything for that matter but that is what I get from the orginal.

I'm glad you've enjoyed the image!

StitchBabe
Old May 8, 2005, 12:50 AM   #18

digcamfan wrote:
Quote:
I like your version, StitchBabe.

Thanks Digcamfan! :-D

StitchBabe
Old May 9, 2005, 5:29 AM   #19

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
I like the first post and none of the edits. The first tells me how rock solid this vehicle was in its day and as it sits, still is. It looks as if it would still be ready to go if other parts did not fail. Well that would be with anything for that matter but that is what I get from the orginal.
It's fine-n-dandy that you like the original, but the artist didn't convey the message she intended to get across to the viewer. Your own description of what you see in the original is a good example of this. She wants to show this old truck was parked here and the brush/trees grew up around it over a period of time. Possibly, she wants the viewer to feel the length of time this truck has been parked at this location rather than how old the truck is or how well it has held together??

If I am wrong, then possibly Solid Old Truck will be a better title.

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2005, 1:23 AM   #20

Great photo however it could be improved with a diffrent angle.
synint is offline   Reply With Quote