Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old May 17, 2005, 11:52 AM   #21

You're welcome Dave.

I just selected the flag, (any selection tool, I used Magic Lasso Tool), then a slight levels adjustment followed by a Hue and Saturation adjustment. When you have a selection active, any adjustments made will only be on the selection. When making many alterations it is better to use layers to keep track of what you have done and you can more easily re-adjust them.

Using just the selection method though, you can also re-adjust if, when you have made your selection, you click on the 'Create new fill or adjustment Layer' button at the bottom of the layers palette. Whichever adjustment you choose will create an adjustment layer so you can edit your changes completely at any time.

Either way, it is the flag in your pic. So long as there is something there, (colour in this case), it can be enhanced.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 12:36 PM   #22

Not to pick nits, but this certainly looks like a Lockheed SR71 aircraft. It is fairly unmistakable! See http://www.sr-71.org/blackbird/sr-71/

Although this website doesn't really mention it, this aircraft was one of the most classified aircraft produced. Its existence was denied for a long time and its actual capabilities (once acknowledged as real) were deeply classified.
StevenBVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 12:56 PM   #23

Love the shot of the sr71 ..good shooting:-)
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 2:17 PM   #24

StevenBVT wrote:
Quote:
Not to pick nits, but this certainly looks like a Lockheed SR71 aircraft. It is fairly unmistakable! See http://www.sr-71.org/blackbird/sr-71/

Although this website doesn't really mention it, this aircraft was one of the most classified aircraft produced. Its existence was denied for a long time and its actual capabilities (once acknowledged as real) were deeply classified.
I incorrectly called it the F-12, it is actually the A-12 Blackbird.

http://www.intrepidmuseum.org/intrep.../item.php?id=2
davedeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 2:36 PM   #25

Is the f 12 the SR 71 Blackbird? I love this plane and tho I've been to lots of air shows, I never seen it, missing it once or twice by attending a day after it was shown. Nice to see it there in your pic...best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 2:44 PM   #26

KENNETHD wrote:
Quote:
Is the f 12 the SR 71 Blackbird? I love this plane and tho I've been to lots of air shows, I never seen it, missing it once or twice by attending a day after it was shown. Nice to see it there in your pic...best regards,

KennethD
I am not well versed in aircraft model numbers but A-12 (as shown at the Intrepid museum) looks a lot like and could very well be the same as the SR-71. Maybe someone with more knowledge about this can jump in.
davedeal is offline   Reply With Quote