Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old May 27, 2005, 12:12 PM   #1

I personally like this picture. I like how everything appears simple and easy to view with your eyes. The ladders and what not are also pretty cool. However, I would still appreciate any comments, critiques, etc. as it can only make my future shots better! Thanks!
Attached Images

Comp625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2005, 11:16 PM   #2

I like the look of the old and new together in this shot. I seen alot of it in Chicago.

Did you use a polarizer in this shot?

This looks as if some USM could have been used in the resize to sharpen it up a bit for web viewing.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 5:46 PM   #3

What's a USM? :?

I did not use a polarizer for the shot. I did a tiny bit of post-processing on this pic -- mainly, I increased the contrast in order to give the darker colors more of a punch to it. It also made the cloudy sky look less drab. However, I did take the picture through a window (I don't know if that makes a difference).

For background purposes, I was actually at the Museum of Modern Art in NYC. On the 5th floor or so, my friend and I got quite tired so we stood around the corner near the windows facing outwards towards the city. That's when I saw this possibility of a shot and immediately took advantage of it. :-)

Attached is the original picture in 640x480 form. I think my White Balance may have been off. But that's what the original picture looked like until I PPed it.
Attached Images

Comp625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 7:32 PM   #4

I really like your PP job. The original isn't nearly as magestic. I would reccomend bumping your EV down a nouch if you use P mode, or speed up your shutter in manual mode to make the picture naturally darker. The sky won't be as overexposed that way as well. I have to admit, I really like the depth of the first one.
Carskick is offline   Reply With Quote