Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old May 27, 2005, 5:33 PM   #1

Went out west to see family and also had a visit witha dear friend of mine. I finally got a shot of her without her hat or sunglasses on.

Did some PP to this (used what I learned from Rodney Blair on the eyes)and took it originally in color.

Shotwith my Pentax *ist DS and 28mm to 200mm Tamron lens.

Attached Images

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2005, 5:58 PM   #2

You shouldn't tell everything. If you hadn't mentioned doing anything to the eyes, I would have never known. They look very natural.

This is a nice shot that you should be very proud of. See what it looks like after a little levels adjustment to increase the overall brightness and a tad more contrast.

How do you like the Tamron...Looks like it is a sharp lens.

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2005, 6:05 PM   #3

Point taken Rodney. If I may ask I would love to see how you would edit this. I actually want to make a print of this for her. Itis to celebrate her one year of remission.

Thanks for your comments.

I do like the Tamron lens and I did take some action shots of my cousin playing soccer the next day and was pleased with most of them.

Still learning and loving this hobby.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2005, 6:23 PM   #4

You'll need to do the adjustments to your original because too much of the hair detail is missing in web size version.

I've given it a little boost for comparison though. The darker background areas will be less distracting if you selectively brigten those areas a tad. It doesn't need much.

One year of remission is certainly a good reason to celebrate. She looks great and very happy too!

When I downloaded this image, my thumbnail was in color. Do you have a magical camera? :-) Anyway, the color version looks good too, but I'm very fond of b&w.

Rodney
Attached Images

Old May 27, 2005, 6:44 PM   #5

RodneyBlair wrote:
Quote:
When I downloaded this image, my thumbnail was in color. Do you have a magical camera? :-)
Don't forget Rodney, the photo was taken in colour and the thumbnail is of the original filewhich wasn't converted to B&W, only the original file was .

Steve.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2005, 7:06 PM   #6

Stevekin wrote:
Quote:
RodneyBlair wrote:
Quote:
When I downloaded this image, my thumbnail was in color. Do you have a magical camera? :-)
Don't forget Rodney, the photo was taken in colour and the thumbnail is of the original file which wasn't converted to B&W, only the original file was .
Steve.
Yeah, I understand that, but usually I do not get a different image for the thumb when downloading from here.

Old May 27, 2005, 7:17 PM   #7

That's why I said "don't forget", as i'm sure you were aware, but maybe forgot :-).
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote