Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old May 31, 2005, 1:29 PM   #31

You didn't answer my question, Rodney.

What does wind look like? How would you photograph the wind? Once again, I pose my question. Can you answer it?

And as far as ... what was it you said? "Art should evoke emotions. It doesn't really matter what those emotions are. If one is going to share art for discussion, then he should be prepared for debasing."

I would direct to you to this thread... perhaps you should reread it. http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=90

Plain Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 3:14 PM   #32

A quote from Rodney Blair... directed toward Plain Jane in Another Styers Mill,"At first I didn't followed exactly what you wanted and was thinking you wanted the stop motion thing, then I realized you wanted to see the rushing motion so I adjusted my shutter speed just for you. :-) Thanks for the previous suggestions." So, it seems that I do have something to offer, Rodney.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=90

There is the link if you don't remember. And the alleged fact that you might have posted a few peices of information doesn't mean that you have the right to insult me or anyone else here.

PS. stating that I am over sensitive is an insult.

PSS. thank you for proving my point by breaking rule #6.

So ... what does wind look like?The question isstill not answered.

Old May 31, 2005, 3:20 PM   #33

Plain Jane wrote:
Quote:
A quote from Rodney Blair... directed toward Plain Jane in Another Styers Mill,"At first I didn't followed exactly what you wanted and was thinking you wanted the stop motion thing, then I realized you wanted to see the rushing motion so I adjusted my shutter speed just for you. :-) Thanks for the previous suggestions." So, it seems that I do have something to offer, Rodney.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...40&forum_id=90

There is the link if you don't remember. And the alleged fact that you might have posted a few peices of information doesn't mean that you have the right to insult me or anyone else here.

So ... what does wind look like... still not answered.

Of course I remember. You didn't help me improve my skill. I simply provided what you asked for. Some like what you wanted and others didn't.

Rodney

PS. I'm not interested in engaging in any discussions with you so let's just drop it. I remind you that this is Vito's thread...It isn't all about you.
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 3:32 PM   #34

RodneyBlair wrote:
Quote:
Plain Jane wrote:
Quote:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=90

Of course I remember. You didn't help me improve my skill. I simply provided what you asked for. Some like what you wanted and others didn't.

Rodney

PS. I'm not interested in engaging in any discussions with you so let's just drop it. I remind you that this is Vito's thread...It isn't all about you.

So let me get this straight. What you are saying is that I have nothing to offer to the forum because I am new to this? Is that what you are saying?

You dismissed my suggestion, that some liked. You dismissed the rules. And you still haven't answered my question. You have said Vito failed but have yet to tell him how to succeed. You instead tell him he is the artist and to figure it out. Rule number 3 Rodeny.

3. Be Constructive
Critiques should always be constructive, i.e., giving your ideas at how you think things could be improved. If you cannot give a constructive critique, please refrain from posting negative comments. If you like an image, say so & say why you liked it.

How would you photograph the wind, Rodney. It's not a hard question.
I have chosen to persue this line of question because if Vito himself persued it he would simply be dismissed as being oversensitive.
Old May 31, 2005, 3:44 PM   #35

Plain Jane wrote:
Quote:
RodneyBlair wrote:
Quote:
Plain Jane wrote:
Quote:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...40&forum_id=90

Rodney

So let me get this straight. What you are saying is that I have nothing to offer to the forum because I am new to this? Is that what you are saying?

You dismissed my suggestion, that some liked. You dismissed the rules. And you still haven't answered my question. You have said Vito failed but have yet to tell him how to succeed. You instead tell him he is the artist and to figure it out. Rule number 3 Rodeny.

3. Be Constructive
Critiques should always be constructive, i.e., giving your ideas at how you think things could be improved. If you cannot give a constructive critique, please refrain from posting negative comments. If you like an image, say so & say why you liked it.

How would you photograph the wind, Rodney. It's not a hard question.
I have chosen to persue this line of question because if Vito himself persued it he would simply be dismissed as being oversensitive.
I do not intend to answer your question because I do not intend to ever offer you any photography assistance. You asked that I not do that. Remember?

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 3:47 PM   #36

Your honor, I rest my case.
Old May 31, 2005, 3:55 PM   #37

Thank the Lord !!!

We can all have a group hug and move on :arrow:
alanyid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 4:02 PM   #38
Administrator

C'mon everyone. We're arguing over critiquing style and not discussing the photo.

Everyone's got a point. So, lets learn to get along. I think it's important to say what you like or dislike in an image and why, because both can provide needed feedback.

But, all of that is off topic. Let's stick to discussing the photo. ;-)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 5:36 PM   #39

I think that if Vito says this is art than he is right.I have heard people say the Crucifix in urine is art,so let this part of the arguement go.

As for the picture I think that if the backgrounf may have been a different color I would have liked it more.

Hope everyone still continues to post and offer "Advice",as I still need alot of it.LOL

Charlie
Striderxl is offline   Reply With Quote