Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jun 3, 2005, 11:14 AM   #1

Looking for thoughts on this picture. I just bought a Canon S70 after having a S40 for years. I used the Macro button but left everything else alone. Ideas for doing it different? Is it fine the way it is? Thank's, Ron

kazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 3, 2005, 11:20 AM   #2

It looks good, but you should try and keep your photos at 800x600 or less and less than 250KB when you poast here. They are easier to view, and much more friendly to our slow or non broadband friends.
Carskick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2005, 11:35 AM   #3

Ya I kinda noticed that after I reviewed my post. :-(
Old Jun 3, 2005, 11:46 AM   #4

I like it too. Nice group of Funghi and it looks like the fly is thinking, "now where do I start ?"

There will be others, (hopefully), offering technical advice, but to show what Carskick means......................this has been resized using ImageResizer from Microsoft PowerToys for XP. It gives you various size options (dimensions) and reduces the file size to a more suitable 'less than 250kb'. You can just right click on any image on your hard drive and it will make a copy of the original. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx Scroll down on the right.

Very nice photo, keep 'em coming .

Stevekin.

Your posted image, resized to 759x800 pixels @ 101kb. This way we can see the whole image without scrolling all over the place :?. (well, up and down a little bit :-)).

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2005, 11:51 AM   #5

Thank you, I resized the image in photoshop and replaced it on my host server so it should link to the smaller size now :-), I didn't think it was so big looking at it on my screen. It still is 180dpi should I also have made it 72 dpi? Ron
Old Jun 3, 2005, 11:57 AM   #6

I like that image resizer, I did it on my crosseyed cat picture, It still kept the dpi at 180 though, But at least it's a better size for the forum. Thank's, Ron

Old Jun 3, 2005, 12:14 PM   #7

DPI or dots per inch are really just for printing purposes.For viewing on your computer 72 PPI or pixels per inch is adequate.

The beauty of ImageResizer is that you can take a 6.37mb file measuring 3264x2176 pixels and, choosing medium, get a 137kb file measuring800x533without faffing around with dpi or ppi with one right click and three left clicks.

Cute cat. Is he a distant relative of Clarence ?

Stevekin.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 12:20 PM   #8

She is a outdoor cat of ours, Poor thing is crosseyed. SHe loves to pose for the camera. Not sure about who clearence is :-)
Old Jun 3, 2005, 12:42 PM   #9

Sorry, it's from a TV program way, way back. Clarence was a cross eyed lion in a show called Daktari.

Apologies to your cat for calling her a him.

One other thing and I'm not having a go, I promise, but before a heavy handed moderator jumps in and gets a little :-x:-), just post one photo per thread or variations of, particularly in this forum, Critiques and Techniques.

Apparently demsda rules, but who reads rules eh ?

Stevekin.