Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jun 9, 2005, 8:53 PM   #1

What do you guys think. I like taking Architechural Shots with my point and shoot. I touched it up a little, what do you think?
Attached Images

Juice_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2005, 9:39 PM   #2

Interesting angle. The boat (or what ever it is) at the bottom, is a little distracting.
r00022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2005, 10:48 PM   #3
Super Moderator

a polarizer and some puffy clouds could do a lot to add interest to the sky..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2005, 2:38 AM   #4

I would consider cropping from the right hand side. Playing with levels and add more contrast.

To start I would have used exposure bracketing by a stop. and blended two images together. This would have exposed correctly for your background and foreground a lot better.

Yip nice angle on the bridge. But the picture has a lot of room for improvement, purely in technical terms. Read up on bracketing and blending.

Oh sorry, now I see it was your point and shoot. Which makes the above not easy. Still you can work with it if you have photoshop. If you like that kind of thing.

regards

LBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2005, 5:14 AM   #5

Hi juice_22.

I touched it up a little more, hope you don't mind.........removed the distracting boat (?) in the foreground, Saturated the sky a little, (couldn't be bothered with clouds), tried cropping, didn't really look better or worse, so left as is. The only difference with a crop would be to de-centralize the tower of the bridge some more, but I like the lead in from the bottom right. Yes, a nice angle.

Shadow/Highlight adjustment to the bottom right, levels adjustment to the land in the background to make it less pasty looking, and levels on the water.

Hope you like it.

Stevekin.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2005, 7:19 PM   #6

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

Stevekin, I like how you made it look much better. I'm still learning Photoshop. My experience is limited but hopefully I will be able to improve.

Your probably right LBoy Bracketing would have helped, unfortunately I can't do that with this camera.
Juice_22 is offline   Reply With Quote