Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jun 12, 2005, 12:29 AM   #1
Mag

I took this today while out in a nearby bay, other than the top of themast getting chopped off I kinda liked it. I will be revisiting this spot soon and shoot it with the entire mast. The sun is low and at my back here, I was thinking of going back and getting a shot from the front with a sunset in the background. Any other ideas and orcomments greatly apreciated. I also think I need more of my kayak in the photo or none at all?

Best regards,

Mag
Attached Images

Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2005, 11:27 AM   #2

I this partcular shot, other than the stuff you already mentioned, I would either remove the front of the kayak (not enough showing to know what it it without you mentioning it), or I'd make sure more of it is included. I'd also make sure it was at an angle instead of sticking straight forward...

Otherwise, another nice shot!

mactek
mactek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2005, 2:02 AM   #3
Mag

mactek wrote:
Quote:
I this partcular shot, other than the stuff you already mentioned, I would either remove the front of the kayak (not enough showing to know what it it without you mentioning it), or I'd make sure more of it is included. I'd also make sure it was at an angle instead of sticking straight forward...

Otherwise, another nice shot!

mactek
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thank you for your comments and suggestions mactek, I will take them in to account when i revisit this spot soon.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Best regards,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Mag
Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 1:43 PM   #4

Shot is great but not enough of the kayak like your sunset shot. Crop the kayak and it is a winner of a shot.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2005, 1:11 PM   #5

Just my 3.8 cents but... back up a little. Get the saiboat without the kayak. I know it's difficult. I take alot of shots from my boat and am cognizant of my bow. The sunset idea is super also. Swing around the saiboat from different angles and check out new views.
MoonGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote