Old Jun 14, 2005, 7:38 PM   #2

Deleted
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 1:29 PM   #3

Deleted
Old Jun 15, 2005, 1:37 PM   #4
Super Moderator

i have experienced the same thing with my last two posts.. it just seems like traffic through this forumn is way down.. a few months ago, a pic i posted would generate 50+ views per day.. to contrast, my last post generated 30 in 2.5 days.. i am not sure what the reason for the low traffic is these days, but its unfortunate as this was always one of my favorite forumns..

i will comment on your pics too.. i actually preferred the original, as there wasn't enough to hold my interest on the first pic.. i believe the filter could be used to good effect, but i don't think this photo is it.. in the second the coloring around the windows helps make it more interesting.. generally good symmetry, except the left window is further from the edge than the right.. i might havecloned out the cable wire too..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 8:40 PM   #5

With summer upon us in the U.S., I think many of us are spending more time out taking pictures, than at our computers. Sometimes it takes a whaile to generate a response. I know I don't spend as much time online now.

I, also prefer the original picture. The composition is very good, and the colors are really what make it outstanding. I believe I would also carefully remove the cable to the left hand window. The only other nit I have to pick is the crop. There should be a bit of space between the right hand sill and the edge of the picture.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 8:55 PM   #6

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
This may sound like a rant and complaint but I did bring this up once before and am not the only one.

No replies makes the posting to this forum as useful as never doing anything at all.

Great idea to have this andso farit accomplished to move a valuable member to leave altogether.

I know there are other places and that is where I must go to improve and learn on this wonderful hobby.
I am also disappointed by the lack of REAL critiques. We had some very good people here to help us with our pictures but people complained about negitive remarks. It has turned into a snap shot forum and we have no idea how people will take a comment.

As for your picture... The original is outstanding... Why mess with it?

dale

thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 10:06 PM   #7
Super Moderator

VTphotog wrote:
Quote:
With summer upon us in the U.S., I think many of us are spending more time out taking pictures, than at our computers. Sometimes it takes a whaile to generate a response. I know I don't spend as much time online now.

you are most certainly right.. i forget that i am in the rare position to have time to shoot and sit at my computer in the same dayas i am on break from grad school
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 11:43 PM   #8

I likeboth versions. Graphically it's appealing. However itseems bit too flat lackinga third dimension. I am thinking it would be aliveif one of the window is open and a little boy or girl is putting his/her head out.....

The cable on the left is not very distractive but doesn't do any good either. left hand side has more space than the right (since the pic is symetrical).

Just curious, I was trying to judge what's in front of the building by looking at the reflections in the window glasses but couldn't figure out.
gwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2005, 1:17 AM   #9

Deleted

Old Jun 16, 2005, 5:01 AM   #10

This certainly isn't something I'd shoot...I always miss out on the unique type shots. Lines, colors and framing all work nicely together.

The bad: I am not overly fond of the reflections in the windows and honestly have not experience shooting windows, but understand using a polarizer reduces reflections in glass?? Someone help me out here.

I like the original colors better than the tinkered with version, but it's always good to explore. Have you increased the saturation to see how you like more vibrant colors?

I'm sorry that the responses have been slow coming in. I don't think the season have much to do with it though.

You have a unique style that I like. Keep it up!

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote