Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jun 24, 2005, 5:11 AM   #11

Stevekin wrote:
Quote:
RodneyBlair wrote:
Quote:
I'm not particularly fond of the edit. I feel it degrades a nice image, but will accept it as a fun attempt.
That's how I meant it, Iappreciate your understanding of that 8).

As it spoils the image, I have removed it. (My toys are still in the pram, just being understanding of your opinion )

Regards.....
I don't mind if you leave the edit up for a while. It will give others the opportunity to see a variety. I do prefer people images not remain on here after people stop viewing though.

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 5:43 AM   #12

Edit removed after a reasonable time, as requested by Rodney.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 7:29 AM   #13

Steve, your last edit isn't bad. But, I prefer the white background, myself. I'd rather see a white background and a different shirt, then the same shirt and a colored background. The white background lends greatly to the washed out effect and pushes the skin tones to the forefront of your focus.
G35Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 8:18 AM   #14

I don't usually critique photos, especially portraits (mainly cause I am crap at them), but there is one thing that bothers me with this shot.

The left forearm of the guy in frontlooks overly dark (or maybe even extra hairy). It could just be my monitor (or eyes) or is this the tan lines you mentioned ?

Hey I just thought, maybe it is hairy - hope the comment doesnt offend

Aussie Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 4:23 AM   #15

Oops...I forgot I had posted this one on here. :-)

About those edits: Neither excite me very much. The whole idea here is to have a high key background with the lighting on the subjects near the point of blown highlights, but without actually blowing them.

It really isn't about what I like or anyone else likes. It's about the intent and I asked for suggestions specifically related to the lighting to acheive what is intended. Thanks for the other suggestions though.

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 12:01 PM   #16
Zeb

I'm at work right now and don't have access to Photoshop so this is just a guess...

Add an adjustment layer to change the levels (CTRL-L) and bring the left & right sliders in a little to add more emphasis onto the darkened areas. Not too sure how this would look because of the large patch of dark area - the jeans!
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote