Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jul 2, 2005, 3:52 AM   #1

My granddaughter Reagan. All comments are quite welcome.
Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2005, 4:26 AM   #2

The wind isn't blowing her face. Looks more like motion blur. The face blurred with all other elements sharp doesn't make a good image here.

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2005, 4:32 PM   #3

You won't get a technical or pro comment from me but i happen to like the effect. The image and certainly the colours are quite pleasant.

Well done and thanks for sharing.
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2005, 10:01 PM   #4

She'd just had her bath and part of her hair had dried and was blowing from the back of her head at about a 15 mph clip. Was really starting to cool down too. There is some motion blur on the left, or camera facing side that added to the effect, as the wind blowing her hair in her face caused her to close her eyes and start to turn her head just as I snapped the shutter. I was a little disappointed at first when I reviewed it as I thought I was capturing her beautiful eyes too. After I put it up on the computer I realized it was better than I planned with her right hand and arm in just the right place and her half smile and mostly closed eyes gave the feeling of contentment that was abundant on that part of the deck and that time of a vacation eve!! And for RodneyBlair here is the same shot with out any enhancement or change other than resizing it to fit this forum. If you'd like the EXIF Data is there and can be seen if you copy the image and look. Be my guest for I never have anything to hide or cover and would be glad to answer any question put forward. Also comments here good or bad are appreciated and needed to improve my abilities. Thanks to both for the look and advice.

Dawg

Attached Images

Old Jul 2, 2005, 11:05 PM   #5

The EXIF data is in the first image you posted. I looked at it to see if you used AUTO WB. The skintones in the original are near perfect whle the edited version has way too much red.

Rodney
Old Jul 3, 2005, 9:38 AM   #6

Sorry Rodney, I've got to disagree. The skintones in the unedited image are too green and not natural at all. In fact it looks like the subject is feeling a little ill. Dawg did a good job on correcting the color, I quite like the shot.
Spritzup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2005, 11:55 AM   #7

Spritzup wrote:
Quote:
Sorry Rodney, I've got to disagree. The skintones in the unedited image are too green and not natural at all. In fact it looks like the subject is feeling a little ill. Dawg did a good job on correcting the color, I quite like the shot.
If you are seeing green in the skintones then you have an uncalibrated monitor and should not be offering comments or suggestions related to exposure or color issues. If I say the color is off, it is a fact.

Have a good day!

Rodney
Old Jul 3, 2005, 12:16 PM   #8

Spritzup wrote:
Quote:

I do not see green skintonesat all in the unedited image. I like the unedited image better and I have a calibrated monitor.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2005, 12:30 PM   #9

Thanks to both of you for even considering to comment. I appreciate everyones viewpoint as a plus for me whether positive or negative. The skintone in the first was corrected to more closely approximate the live skintone that Reagan had on this particular day. She had just spent 6 hours or more in the sun on the beach and this shot is for my wife and my daughter to archive in their respective Albums. As the printer I use has a tendency to wash out color a little I brightened the skin tone. Yes the Data is in the first photo also and I am quite aware that most folks can find it here. Some newbies might not be aware of it is all, plus I wanted you to know that I really don't mind the look. Thank you for looking Rodney, I do appreciate it and the comments. They are not only welcome but needed. You see, you've made me go back and recalibrate this old 21" Phillips monitor of mine and I have to say that there is a little bit of greenish tint in the original photo on this monitor. Almost imperceptible but there none the less. I couldn't see it but the wife can. My cataracts are starting to get in the way of my color perception these days And must be dealt with shortly or I'll have to let Photoshop take over on all future photos.
Thank you again RodneyBlair, nlp239 and Spritzup for the look and the comments. Please know they are well recieved and wanted.

Dawg
Old Jul 3, 2005, 12:35 PM   #10

Thank you for commenting vIZnquest. As all monitors even same model same brand can be slightly off from each other I wonder if ( and I really would like to know) There is a more correct way to calibrate a monitor than the one furnished with my cheap version of PSE?

Dawg