Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jul 15, 2005, 6:38 PM   #1

This is one of the photos from my first photo shoot. The model is very new at this and we both are learning. This shot was taken with Nikon D-50 at app. 5:30 pm. I am not pleased with the colors of the skin and hair. I am learning so did not have Iso set properly I would imagine. Please take a look and help me with direction as to take a good photo. I have also posted the rest of the shoot on fotki and if anyone cares to take time to look and advise I would VERY much appreciate it.

ConnieD

http://public.fotki.com/ConnieD/phot...e_photo_shoot/
Attached Images

ConnieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2005, 8:53 PM   #2

The white balance is definitely off. There's too much blue toning to the skin and white's of the eyes and teeth. Also, there seems to be more noise than I would expect from that camera...what ISO and image quality settings was this shot with?

Here's a very quick and only somewhat effective edit..

Attached Images

G35Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 9:10 PM   #3

Man am I upset now.... first thanks for adjusting the picture. It does look much better. I will be taking all of the shots over again!! I did not realize that my photo quality was set to fine-SMALL. that in itself is the big mistake. I did have it set at Fine-large. so my photos are coming out as 1000 x 1540. Here are the other settings on this shot. Aperture priority, F/1.00 Exposure time 1/200 sec. F number 5.00 Max aperture F/4.9 Focal length 56.0 focal length in 35m 84mm white balance was auto. This shot was taken in shade at about 5:30 in the evening. I am sure it is not the camera.... its ME.... I know I have to work on settings.... but this is the first photos I have taken with this camera...

Thanks for your time...

connie D
Old Jul 15, 2005, 11:33 PM   #4
Super Moderator

crop in tighter or go full length.. going halfway here doesn't work for me.. and the purse on the lawn is definately a distraction.. also clone out the mascara mark on the right eye..

welcome to the forumn.. and plz keep shooting and letting us take a look..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 6:53 AM   #5

Thank you for looking... I agree totally with you. I was not very aware of what all was in the frame while shooting. We should have removed the purse from the area. I have not touched up this picture at all, removing facial flaws will be done. As for cropping...I would have done that before printing. But since the resolution is such a poor quality(1000x1540) I doubt that I would want to crop and enlarge too much. Thanks!! Connie D