Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jul 16, 2005, 4:52 PM   #11

It's interesting seeing the range of opinions on these photos. Nevertheless I was going to go out and take some pictures of the foals at the barn today but it was too hot to let the horses out.. so boo!
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 5:33 PM   #12

Hi Amy;

OK... Don't abandon any of the concepts. They all have promise. #2 is the most finished of the shots, and works quite well for me. #1 could either use less blur or more blur; if it's intentional, make sure the viewer knows it. This shot is also the most conventional, though. Try getting down on the same level as the other two shots. #3 really grabs me, but it isn't quite working. The blur is great, but we still need a solid core to the image. Try stopping down - a lot - and use a bit of flash to freeze part of the action, letting the motion blur the same as it is in your original.

Keep plugging away, Amy. As I used to say years ago (many) when I was a downhill skier, If you're not falling down, you're not learning.

Cheers,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
http://tomoverton.myphotoalbum.com
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 7:42 PM   #13

Thank you, i took some more shots which Ill have posted in just a few!
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 10:38 PM   #14

Love the 2nd shot. I think it has real potential there. I like the DOF and the ground.
The only comment i can give is that it could be nicer if the paws weren't in line, or if there was only 1 of it. It looks repetitious. Another thing is maybe clone away the strand of hair that is trailing off from the nearest paw. Anyway, black and white does it justice. Great effort

clem
clem is offline   Reply With Quote