Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jul 16, 2005, 8:08 PM   #1

Okay Girls/Guys. Maybe some will like this attempt at the series better. You are all right about me having time, but I would rather be ready far before hand! Well please tell me what you think/ how to improve.

These phtoos have only been resized, and added the border. I put them in color so that you can judge whether you think it is better in color or not...

thanks in advance!

1 of 3

2 of 3

3 of 3

discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 16, 2005, 8:18 PM   #2
Super Moderator

#1 - i would like this one in black and white i think.. perhaps not, i like it now too..

#2 - the dog's face should be in focus a little more.. and i'd like to see some whites in those eyes!

#3 - once again, for this to work, i think you need to have the eye.. and watch the shadow under the eye as well..

thats just my take.. thanks for sharing and best regards,

dustin

Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 8:24 PM   #3

Hards80 wrote:
Quote:
#1 - i would like this one in black and white i think.. perhaps not, i like it now too..

#2 - the dog's face should be in focus a little more.. and i'd like to see some whites in those eyes!

#3 - once again, for this to work, i think you need to have the eye.. and watch the shadow under the eye as well..

thats just my take.. thanks for sharing and best regards,

dustin

She's got pretty deep and dark eyes! I think it would be pretty hard for anyone to see them! ut I think I know what you're talking about.. her eyelashes I think? Yeah She's not very in focus you're right, but it's so hard, and lying on the pavement sheesh it was so hot! But thanks for your comments, and I wil lkeep working !
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 8:42 PM   #4
Super Moderator

the best support you can get from the ground is a beanbag or a pillow... that could help you get the steadiness you need for the aperatures to be large enough to get the DOF you need to work with..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 9:56 PM   #5

I really like these, perhaps the face shot of the dog could have been a little lighter but pretty good all round, I prefer these in color too:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 11:08 PM   #6

#1: I'd prefer it in black and white, and i think the paws are too close together so you need to space them out, like in your first attempt.

#2: Great shot, but maybe instead of a landscape layout, try a vertical one.

#3: This shot is good in colour, so keep it, but like dustin said, i think if the viewer could see the eyes, that would increase the appeal. and clone out those 2 strands of hair covering the eyes.

I like your perspective and creativity in finding these shots.

clem
clem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 3:51 AM   #7

M U C H better... these are very nice. Good to see. Appealing, interesting, even thought provoking. (number three isn't quite as spiff as the other two) Well done. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 12:09 PM   #8
Mag

I really like # 1 and 2, nice perspective, # 3 doesnt do much for me.

Best regards,

Mag
Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 7:59 PM   #9

Either way in color or B/W.

Since you posted in color I like the first two.

The "in your face" look of the paws is great in my opinion. I do think too many people look at pictures too close from their monitor.

Depending on the size I try to look at it as I would hanging from the wall.

I never get up close to a picture that is hanging to see if there are artifacts, halos and so on.

I look at the impact it has on me like the paws.

The second one is just cute as can be and it can be seen that this dog has no shortage of love and great care.

The third looks better from a distance but not as good as the first two. The lack of an eye hurts it.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote