Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jul 18, 2005, 11:03 PM   #1

i have taken pic of other red cars with no problems but this one is too orange????? i've had this km z2 for 6 month . and i'm looking at another camera. lol does it ever stop !!!!!!!!!! i know the date wrong i have taken it off now

kilowat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2005, 12:31 AM   #2

The red in the "Body Shop" sign looks close. It could be your white balance or the reflections. The reflections in a car will take on the colors of the surounding scene and/or lighten the color--Red to Orange. Make sure your WB is set then use a polarizing filter to remove relected light/colors.

Also, metalic paints are hard to capturecorrectly. Metalics will usually make the color look lighter and even wash the color if you use flash. I always use a PL when shooting cars, even with flash.

By the way, your date is set wrong. :-)
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2005, 7:09 PM   #3

thanks yes i got rid of the date, i have looked for a polorizing filter can't find one that will fit this camera's wide angle lens the sign has the right red .the car has just little to much orange, no metalic in the paint, there was a brick building about 30 ft back i took pictures of my red chevy that looks good
kilowat is offline   Reply With Quote