Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jul 30, 2005, 12:45 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Here is the final picture that i will be posting from this particular shoot.. i just went back and got a whole new batch of them a little later in their development and will be posting these as soon as i get around to processing them..

let me know what you think of the finale.. the dragonfly add, or distract?

Attached Images

Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 30, 2005, 12:59 AM   #2
Super Moderator

also.. should i see if i can clone out the green.. i am not sure if i can do it and make it look natural but i could try.. i am just asking if its a distraction?
Old Jul 30, 2005, 2:12 AM   #3

Hello there! :bye:

Very pleasing color in this image. It looks gorgeous set against the dark background. I do find the dragonfly more of a distraction....and the poor thing has a tattered wing! Otherwise, it's a very nice capture!

Regards,

StitchBabe
StitchBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 5:43 AM   #4

Great color, I don't mind the green being there at all, but for me the dragonfly is a bit distracting, but not overly so.
G35Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 7:56 AM   #5

i have to agree, the dragonfly is distracting in this otherwise gorgeous shot. i like the idea of it though. i shoot a lot of butterflies and flowers....mostly on film, now that i've entered the digital age i hope to get the hang of it soon!
julies517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 8:07 AM   #6
Super Moderator

its unanimous then.. no dragonfly ...which is was my conclusion as well, but since i usually favor simplified scenes i thought i would get a few more opinions... too bad i dont have this shot w/ the dragonfly.. oh well.. anyways, i have another shoot today.. so i will share some from it and yesterday soon..

thanks for commenting everyone!!!

dustin
Old Jul 30, 2005, 9:08 AM   #7

I will be the lone dissenter here.

Dustin,

The addition of the Dragonfly does not distract to me. I see two centers of interest here and it compliments one another.

Great shot of nature here. The detail down to the tattered wing is excellent and also that this image was not done with tack sharpness is a nice touch in my opinion.

If the rules are broken, then so be it. I love dragonflies and I enjoy the beauty and color of flowers. The two together just makes this work for me.

Mahalo,

Tom
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2005, 12:32 AM   #8
Super Moderator

thanks tom..

i find that a smoother look for a darker flowers such as this blueworks a little better as i think it adds an alegance.. i save the tack sharpness for the pinks and whites.. that was just my personal taste, but i am glad someone agrees with me.. i sharpened very little on this one.. maybe only level 1 or 2 using intellisharpen.. which would be akin to maybe 80% at a radius of 1 with 1-2 threshold, so thats not much.. but is enough to give edge contrast...

thanks again!

dustin