Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Aug 10, 2005, 10:20 AM   #11

Thanks JohsonM86,KBoy and Hards80. I have read your critique. I was kind of afraid that these pictures are not in focus. I seem to have notice this problem especially while doing macro. Iwonder what the problems is. You need to know that these are pretty small plants. I took these photos with plenty of wind around and I remember the lens hunting quite a bit.

In summary then, I should look at:
  1. Composition, though I bet you these little plants don't have much room for manouvre. [/*]
  2. DOP. [/*]
  3. Focusing: Given the seven point focusing on the 350D, it seem to give me problems. If I used centre focusing in this case, wouldthis resolve the problem? But thanks for pointing it out. I will remember to combine focus and centre of interest. [/*]
  4. Hards80 you are right. I hand held the lens in all the above photos. It seems to me that there are times when the tripod is indispensible. I was always very close maybe 6cms away or slightly more or less. Thanks Hards80 for the boost. I can see it is a hard climb. :? But will keep trying. Please don't give up giving critique.[/*]
  5. Though none of you said it, I can see I need tons of patience.
[/*]

Cheers! and Kind regards!

Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 1:36 PM   #12

How about these? I took them about the same time asthe above. I appreciate the critique. I realise I have to give details like focal point, ISO, etc., will do next time.
Attached Images

Old Aug 10, 2005, 1:52 PM   #13

Egg on a bottle.
Attached Images

Old Aug 10, 2005, 2:00 PM   #14

Flower budding
Attached Images

Old Aug 10, 2005, 2:04 PM   #15

The above flower in deep macro. Now your critique. I promise to improve and put better shotsnext time.:idea:

Cheers!
Attached Images

Old Aug 10, 2005, 3:49 PM   #16

My first suggestion would be to read the guidelines on posting pictures to this forum. One picture at a time is highly recommended by the moderators.

You have some quite nice photogtraphs there.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 5:45 PM   #17

i like the last one best, very abstract - but it works. macro is fun, keep at it.
julies517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 6:58 PM   #18
Super Moderator

i think you have done a better job on "flower budding".. the DOF is better and the shot is quite a bit sharper.. watch cropping off the tip though.. this one is a much better shot overall..

the deep macro one you still missed the focus on this one.. if you look closely, the red things are not in focus, but the green part right behind it is.. i would have focused on the red things and let the green leading up to it blur gradually.. mb an aperture around 4.5 or 5.6..

the first two need to be rotated..

from now on posting 1 shot at a time will allow us to better focus our critiques as someone mentioned above..

keep these macros coming, you will definately improve with time.. your second set is already an improvement..

best regards, dustin
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2005, 12:55 AM   #19

Thanks Brian for the wisdom. Must confess, did not read the guidelines. Have read them now. Thanks for the support too.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 12:58 AM   #20

Folks, I appreciate the criticism. Sometimes hard but that is the way to learn. Thanks Julies517 for the support.