Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Aug 13, 2005, 12:36 PM   #1

I have been having trouble lately with all my shots being out of focus! I am using an HP digital with an automatic lense so I don't think there is anything I can do to adjust the focus.

What is going on?? I don't want to adjust all the shots I take and this just started recently. HELP!!:?

Rose
Attached Images

mommy_culleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2005, 1:29 PM   #2
Super Moderator

its hard to tell whats going on at this size... do you think you can post one at say 800 on the long side.. might be able to better tell what the culprit is..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2005, 1:56 PM   #3

Hi Rose,

The picture is a bit small, but from what I can see, it does appear as if both the fore-and back-ground are blurred, which isn't too likely to be a lens focussing problem. (some part of the pic should be in the focal range)

Can you tell us what the camera settings were? If the shutter speed was slow, the problem could be camera shake, though with the look of the lighting it probably wasn't shutter speed. One other ppossibility that comes to mind is that the camera may have been left in close-up (macro) mode, which would certainly cause focus problems on distance shots. Also possible the camera has gotten out of sync regarding the focus distance. Try resetting the camera back to factory settings. ( it may be called master reset or something similar)

brian

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2005, 5:57 PM   #4

Yes, the fore and aft ground are both blurry. I can't adjust the shutter speed but............just had a thought here.............would crappy batteries make a difference???

oh, and sorry about the size. I was too frustrated at having to adjust the blurr factor to take the time to resize properly. Yes, I know, size does matter.

Rose
Old Aug 13, 2005, 9:38 PM   #5

Weak batteries can cause all sorts of weird things with digi cameras, so that is a possibility. Another thing that occurs to me is that if the camera has been dropped, the sensor could be out of position, which would make it impossible to focus.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 12:21 PM   #6

Thanks for the advice guys! I bought new batteries and took a few shots. It's better but I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks!!

Rose