Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Aug 15, 2005, 4:52 PM   #1

Camera 350D, f/8, Sigma 105, ISO 200, WB Tungsten, partial metering, manual focus at about 2.8 meters. The tropicals - juicy indeed. Not a great shot but your word will make a difference. Was actually practicing bracketing (2", 4", 6", 8", 13", and 15". This turned out to be the 'better' one. Anight photo with a tungsten light coming from the back of the photographer. Comments please.Don't blame me.
Attached Images

Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2005, 5:02 PM   #2

Sorry folks for kicking up your appetite - Mabble cake. :blah:Yah, but tell me how I should have improved this shot. I deliberately kept the background out of focus. Same details as in the photo above.

Kind regards.
Attached Images

Old Aug 15, 2005, 7:18 PM   #3
Super Moderator

aumma,

to be honest, i am not really getting the combination of still life and night shooting.. lighting is the key to good still life, and the absence of light is usually not the greatest lighting..

also, though you set your white balance to tungsten, the white balance is still off here.. there must have been some other light source causing a mix of lighting, as with the tungsten balance, this scene is way too warm.. try auto next time, or shoot in RAW and use the white balance tool..

the first shot is also a bit on the soft side as well.. a shutter release or something would have helped as maybe you moved it a bit when you released the camera on the tripod..

watch your backgrounds too, the counter is a bit distracting in the first shot.. also the cropping is awkward as you cut off the top of the pineapple...

best regards, -dustin
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 1:37 AM   #4

You know Dust... my problem is that I have the idea but i am not putting it across very well. In both cases i used a shutter release. I must admit there was a light in the background.I included all the details in this way I begin to observe the tiny details that make a difference. Thanks new ideas are always welcome. Will keep trying. Check the next one.