Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Sep 16, 2005, 7:23 PM   #1
Super Moderator

* first off moderators, i know this is not exactly the right place, but i think i have more repertoire with the ppl here, so i am going to post here..

anyways, many of you have probably been wondering where my work has been as of the last couple months.. well, lets just say things got CRAZY.. and i kind of lost motivation a little as well.. so thanks for humoring me and still taking my comments and critiques seriously..

so i have assigned myself a new project.. i have bought a powershot s50 to compliment my 20d (RAWand CF media!).. and i have decided that i will post 1 shot per day for the next 365 days starting sometime next week as a type of photography "journal".. some pictures will be snapshots with the point-n-shoot and others will be from real photo outings with my 20d..

does anyone know a good photo website/photoblog site to host my pictures?

thanks for the info and i will let you all know when i am up and running so you can stop by and comment!!

best regards everyone,
-dustin
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2005, 9:10 PM   #2

good luck dustin, looking forward to your posts . i use flickr.com, i don't know if that's the kind of thing you're looking for....
julies517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 11:41 AM   #3

I use photobucket.com I haven't posted much but have liked the way it works on the few I have. The only problem I've had with it is trying to upload files without compressing them for the web. I have the 20D also and photobucket doesn't like those big files it creates and freezes up. Once compressed though it works great. Hope this helps. I look forward to seeing your work! I've read your comments and you seem to know your stuff.

Thanks

Grady
GHayes396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 1:15 AM   #4

don't use anything but pbase.com
that's just my two cents though.
they're great, no unknkown compressing, huge storage, easy to operate/manage, hit counts, etc. GO THERE! lol, aight that's it.

-michael-
www.pbase.com/mikej86
johnsonM86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 3:01 AM   #5
Super Moderator

i will check out your suggestions everyone and let you know the address when everything is sorted out.. i hope to be up by next weekend maybe...
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 5:16 AM   #6

Yes, please inform about the *store of your 365 pictures* in order to keep tracking your project.

I'm sure it would be very interesting...

regards ZAK
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 12:13 PM   #7

hards, I'm impressed!! Good luck with your project, and make sure you let us know where we can follow youradventure.

BTW, I was visiting hungarian photographers exhibition last year (need to check out the name), and there was a wallwith 365 photos of the same tree from january the 1st to january the 1st... If you are interested, I can try to find out who did that.
polarwasp is offline   Reply With Quote