Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Sep 18, 2005, 5:12 PM   #1

is this fine...by the way is anyoane of you a pro?
Attached Images

mad_grll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 19, 2005, 3:01 PM   #2

I am not a pro but I love the lighting and the general angle of the shot. I would like to see the model's entire face, though, rather than have part of it cut out at the bottom.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 3:13 PM   #3

i think this would be a great shot if the bottom of her face wasn't cut off. i like the unusual angles you shoot from, the lighting is good, the expression is interesting. i have worked as a photographer for many years but more recently i am an at home mom. ....i look forward to more of your images, nice work .
julies517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 7:27 AM   #4

No experience in Pro fine art or model portrait photography other than my own meanderings. .Be aware the term pro, does not necessarily mean expert. Photography is a wide field. An aircraft mechanic may be more than useless in repairing your broken car if you get my drift.

I'm sorry I don't like this shot. I'm sure you have cropped this thus due to the fact your subject is resting her head on something... a pillow perhaps and the cheekand closest eye to the surfaceis deformed. If your model has good facialsymmetry (which this girl has- and a pretty face) then use it.

Nothing real technical fromme hereabout the quality of the photograph - Focus isgood, exposure just about there, lightingslightly hard, Black and white elements ok. But instinctively the shot is not overly interesting. Her expression is fairly bland and is telling me nothing other than that she is tired (ok for yawning cute children, but not the best for grown models...) Again I think the angle is too extreme even if it is not overly apparent that she is lying down. Your also too close in for this as I've mentioned fairly uninteresting expression. Shooting straight on ie at 90 deg is the hardest of all, and does not flatter all but the few,even with defusedlighting being spot on. Tipping thehead at at least a slight angle to the camera would help your cause. Anyway there are no rules in photography, only good photographs - Ansel Adams.. hehe .. sorry used that twice today...

ps.. I could make you a nice half head zombie like mineif you like ....:-)

LBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 8:33 AM   #5

L.BOY....could you give me a link to your works...???
mad_grll is offline   Reply With Quote