Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Sep 20, 2005, 2:22 AM   #1

Here is another attempt. Critiques and comments are welcomed.

Regards,

Quan

Attached Images

Quan Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 20, 2005, 2:24 AM   #2
Super Moderator

this shot i like as is.. its sharp and the colors are nicely saturated.. the welding sparks look really nice on this shot..

this one could grace the cover of a welding school pamphlet..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 2:50 AM   #3

Hi Dustin,

Thanks for your comments. I took this shot this morning that is four hours ago with my Canon 20D and lens kit 18-55mm. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my 70-200mm f/4L in order to produce a nicer color and bg blur. This one was just undergone with Irfanview to add a little contrast, USM, resize, canvas. I feel regreted that I didn't learn PS soon but its still not too late. What really surprised me that one of a photographer on another website revealed that most of his great works had been processed with PS. He also demostrated a portrait of a woman from the pre-processed stage to the post-processed stage and it shows a great deal of difference.

I'll get a PS tutor soon. :G

Regards,

Quan
Quan Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 3:03 AM   #4
Super Moderator

most good DSLR images are PSed in some manner.. the AAfilter over the sensor on dslrs prevents perfect sharpness without some kind of software sharpening... whereas most point n shoots do much of the sharpening in-camera... manufacturers leave the sharpening lower on dslrs, this gives the control to the photographer.. same holds true for contrast and saturation, they are deliberately left a bit on the muted side so you the photographer can make the decisions.. photoshop is not meant to fix bad photos, its simply there to enhance what are already good andis necessary to get the most of your DSLR..

cheers,
dustin
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote