Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Oct 6, 2005, 10:21 AM   #1

Hi Guys,

Another funny little pano. Don't know why I like doing these so much... ? Anyway as always your comments are appreciated.

LN
Attached Images

LBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2005, 11:04 AM   #2

Is it just me, or is the back wall curved?:?
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2005, 1:16 PM   #3

LN

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"This is actually very good. Subject matter, camera position, etc. all help to enhance it.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2005, 8:56 PM   #4
Super Moderator

i rather like this one alot.. the expression on the barber is spot on and i love thatthe kid is paying no attention at all..the shop itself is very interesting and is ripe with lots of color and interesting details.. this shot has a lot of character, more than anything i have seen on here that i can recall... and for that i love it.. its a great photojournalist/photodocumentary style shot that is made that much more unique by being in a stitched pano format.. my favorite of what you have shared..

----------------
dustin

www.hardwickphotos.com
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2005, 11:22 PM   #5

What a kewl shot(s). Love looking at all that there is to see here. This one would be a great shot to frame and put up on any wall.

Seriously,

I would buy a shot like this myself.

Great stuff.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 4:48 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Stunning.

Collect a few more of these and I'm sure you can get a show on at the Photographers' Gallery - call it "London Street Panoramas" or something.

Seriously, as you're enjoying them so much, why not build a portfolio of them and put on a show? I'd come to see it.
peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 8:06 AM   #7

I must say thank you for all the positive and nice comments that have been made here.

I really like this photograph and am glad that it is also well received by yourselves and others. Whentaking these shots, you don't have a lot of time. When you ask ifyou can take a photo, you generally have a short period of time before subjects become annoyed or disinterested. At that pointpeople will tend to loose any natural posture they might have had.Causing your background and phototo become less interesting in turn. Also you needhopefully a bit of luck that things will turn out to be as you have prior envisage the scene.

I had loads of luck here, and fortunate that these guys were pleasant enough to accommodate me in taking a shortpause at my request. I had asked for them to carry on as usual, but I feel I have much more here in terms of expression and character. So I was very happy with the result, and its still growing on me.

Since then I have hada rather nice print made, which I find more aesthetically pleasing in hand than when digitally viewed, so that wasnice also. When I have time tomount andframe this, I will stop by this pleasant little shop andoffer it as a gift. Will be certainly worth it, in any positive response and smilesit receives..... I'll wait and see ?

Thanks again.

ps. Ladyhawk... The back wall is curved in the photograph, butnot in actual fact. This is due to the stitching of horizontal lines at differing distances from the camera. In order for the scene to not be disjointed as in 5 individual photographs (which this was originally), the software blends these lines into smooth arcs. So I think your eyes are ok.
LBoy is offline   Reply With Quote