Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Oct 10, 2005, 1:50 PM   #1

Hi, I am the proud owner of a DX6490, 3 days old, I have taken hundreds of snaps, most of them "Binned".

I would like you all to comment on my first attempt, please be gentle, I am a novice, no, I am just starting out, but hope to improve with advice from yourselves, I have other photos to send, so "I'll be back"

Oh! I had to re-size this with PSP, it was over 800k

Sorry about the date stamp, but remember I am a newbie to this, and this ismyFirst post to this forum, or any other forum.I have disabled this function on my camera, please review the picture, I appreciate your comments and hope to improve with the help of people like yourselves

thanks in anticipation.

Tony

Attached Images

theproff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 10, 2005, 7:45 PM   #2
Super Moderator

for a first post with a new camera, i think you should be pleased.. you have a good starting point..

the biggest advice i can give you when shooting animals/pets or anything is to get down to their level.. when you shoot down at animals, which occurs with most small animals, it tends to limit the depth of the shot, and it really does convey a feeling of dominance over the subject.. so don't be afraid to get your pants dirty and get down on the ground at their level.. i think just doing this, you will find a big improvement in the feeling and dynamicism to your shots... also, when starting out its easy to shoot subjects right smack in the middle of the frame... don't be afraid to get your subject off center, and preferrably (most of the time) facing into the frame..

these are of course just general rules and are meant to be broken when the circumstances are right.. get out there and practice, and take notes of what you did that liked and didn't like, you will start to see improvements and learn to self-critique pretty quickly..

welcome to the forum and look forward to tracking your progress..

----------------------
dustin

www.hardwickphotos.com
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2005, 12:03 AM   #3

Thanks for your comments Dustin, This Swan did end up chasing me, I started off sitting on the grass to do just that, get to his level, but soon got back up again!

I will take heed of your advice though, and I hope you do track my future progress through this learning curve.

I await your comments on "My Second post"

This next shot was what I was up against, these can be quite agressive!!

Thanks

Tony

Attached Images

theproff is offline   Reply With Quote