Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Oct 14, 2005, 7:00 PM   #1

I could not resest this night time shot, sorry Dustin, I know you advised me against this, but look at it........ I hope I have earned some browny points... lol

tony

forgot to mention, I used a widescreen lens over my DX6490, so I could be close enough, yet fit it all in, was this a mistake...?
Attached Images

theproff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 14, 2005, 7:29 PM   #2
Super Moderator

this is a much stronger shot than your others for sure... nice work!.. there are some good elements in this shot.. the lead in with the rail on the foreground is a nice touch (now where have i seen that used before..hmm).. hehe.. and i like the wide perspective on this shot.. the only suggestions i would have for this shot is to crop a little off the right hand side, where you get some of the stray light creeping in.. your white balance is a little bit off on this one as well.. and a tad of sharpening after all of this would help.. nevertheless a good improvement! (still would be stronger at dusk with a little color in the sky though, but i will let it slide)

------------
dustin

www.hardwickphotos.com
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 7:36 PM   #3
Super Moderator

quick n dirty edit
Attached Images

Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 10:00 PM   #4

Tony !

Wow ! This ones a keeper ! Dustin is giving you some great advice. Don't be afraid to take it into the software and work on it. Well wait... Always save the original unmodified image (like a negative)and work on a copy.

Take your original and apply what Dustin did and suggestedyou do. It's a knockout and worth a little work.

keep shoot'n
dale

thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2005, 1:42 AM   #5

Am I dreaming, no, I'm awake, what encouragement, thanks Dustin, a compliment for sure, and appreciated, believe it or not that image has been worked on in Photoshop elements, but I was frightened I ruined it, didn't know enough to get shot of those distracting lights on the right, and how did you remove the lens in the bottom right corner, because I wanted to do that, still nice to hear some positive feedback.

And yes, the rail, got the idea from one of your shots, excellent idea it was too.

Dale
I will use this to learn more about the software I have, and yes I always use a copy, never the original one, and thanks for the positive comments.

I have PSP8, and Photoshop elements 4.

thanks chaps

tony

theproff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2005, 9:01 AM   #6

Wow. I love what you did to this shot. My goal in the next few weeks is to learn:

Bracketing
White balance
Historgrams.
fairy_basslet is offline   Reply With Quote