Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Oct 16, 2005, 6:13 PM   #1

that my cat killed. In my defense, it's going to be part of a larger work I'm creating. (that's my story and I'm stickin to it)
Attached Images

fairy_basslet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 16, 2005, 6:16 PM   #2

Here's another shot of it.

Attached Images

Old Oct 16, 2005, 6:25 PM   #3

y'know what?* i like 'em. my cat died 4 years ago...i forgot about the "presents" he used to leave me on my doorstep. other than that i think they are fairly well done....i'll be interested to see the rest of this "project" as it develops!
julies517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2005, 6:47 PM   #4
Super Moderator

i'm a little scared to see what this "project" will be if this is one of the included shot.. but anyways, the first one should work for your project pretty well... please, keep us up to date on this project.... hehe...

----------
dustin

www.hardwickphotos.com
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 1:17 AM   #5

Ya, I know. The only time I get to see the little buggers is after they've bit the dust. I cringe a bit to say this but even in death they are quite a nice looking critter. As we are all reluctant to risk criticism and out of repect for the newly deceased, we usually just dispose of the remains and go about our business. Flip side of the coin, we often see game hunters posing for pictures with their kill, proud of the "trophy" they've hunted. From time to time I find mice in traps I put out up at the cabin, and they really are cute little creatures. (some with deadly viral buggies in the droppings however) Too bad it's the only time I come across them. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 8:29 AM   #6

I've been thinking about this shot and was wondering if I should have increased the depth of field on the first shot so the whole vole was in focus. I shot in macro mode because I was about a foot away from it. I had a little trouble focusing as it was, maybe because it was dark where the ledge was. :? I forget how to increase DOF anyway. :shock: I gotta start having a better memory.:-)
Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:12 AM   #7
Super Moderator

to increase dof,stop down your aperture (so make it a higher number, i.e f8 instead of f4)

----------
dustin

www.hardwickphotos.com
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:26 AM   #8

Thanks Dustin. That's what always messed me up in my photography class in college. It being the opposite of what I though it should logically be. :-)